Mama, I killed a man-creature-thing

I am holding my sword very tightly in my hand while fear is rushing through my body.

Luckily it is dark so the boys don't see me tremble.

But as always – if he can sense it in some way – Aragorn's hand is on my own, comforting me again. His face lights up in Gandalf's spooky light, a smile can be seen by the corner of his mouth. 'Quietly, now. It's a four day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence will go unnoticed' Gandalf says in a hushed tone and starts to walk. We walk timidly after the wizard, the light of his staff guiding us. We cross a precarious bridge above deep mine workings.

This place is magnificent!

We follow Gandalf into a chamber with old ropes and ancient looking ladders. 'What is this?' I ask in no one in particular. Gandalf smiles while touching a shining substance on the wall. 'This Sara is Mithril. The wealth of Moria was not in gold or jewels but mithril' Gandalf says and holds his staff over the expansive drop beside us. I look down. All I see is an endless depth of the mine and a faint blue glow issues from the depths. 'Mithril is stronger than steel. Nothing can break through it' Gandalf explains me and starts walking again. 'Bilbo had a shirt of mithril rings that Thorin gave him'

'Oh, that was a kingly gift' Gimli says in wonder. Gandalf laughs and it echoes through the chamber. 'Yes. I never told him, but it's worth was greater than the value of the Shire'

Is that a lot?

We continue to walk up a steep stair while we pass through a dwarf cemetery. It looks creepy and I move closer towards Legolas, who walks next to me. 'Calm Sara, nothing is going to happen' He assures me.

I know that, but still. Walking through a graveyard in a dark spooky place is not the things I normally do. After more than a hour walking or so, Gandalf stops in front of a tunnel, that splits into three passages. 'I have no memory of this place' Gandalf mumbles.

'Why can't he use magic to get us out of here?' I grumble annoyed. We are waiting for a very long time now. And because there are no mobiles or even watches around here, I do not know which time it is!

My attention is caught by Aragorn, who is running a hand through his hair.

Seriously, he is his handsome!

I look back at the wizard, so Aragorn can't catch me staring at him. But Legolas does, he smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

Stupid elf guy.

Gandalf sits in front of the tunnel, staring intently at it. He looks like he is lost in his own world. A rock falls down on the ground and I jump a bit. This place is getting on my nerves. Pippin, who is sitting at the left of me, is nervously moving around. 'Are we lost?' He speaks up, clearly tired of the waiting. The men around me tense up at his question, the nervous silence around us gone. 'No. I don't think we are. Shhh, Gandalf's thinking' Merry answers him quietly. 'Merry!' Pippin says a bit too loud. 'What?' Merry answers annoyed. I chuckle. O boy, I love these two. Always bickering about things. 'I'm hungry' Is Pippins answers and I can't help it but laugh. In the corner of my eye, I see Frodo walking towards Gandalf and they talk in a hushed tone. A sudden brightness lets us all stand. 'Ah! It's that way' Gandalf exclaims happily and stands up, pointing to the right tunnel. 'He's remembered!' Merry says relieved. Gandalf turns to the boy. 'No. But the air doesn't smell so foul down here. If in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose!' The wizard laughs.

That is a thing to remember...

We follow Gandalf through the tunnel, until we pass under an arched doorway into a black and empty space. Gandalf stops. 'Let me risk a little more light' He mumbles and taps his staff. A flash of lightning appears and the whole chamber is for a second bathed in light. 'Behold! The great realm and Dwarf-city of Dwarrowdelf!' Gandalf announces. My breath escapes me. because the sight I see. A whole city carved out of the rocks. 'Well, there's an eye opener and no mistake!' Sam says in wonder. I nod in agreement. This place is beautiful!