Chapter 10 Teaser

Naruto stood at the front gates... Naruto stood at the front gates and at the moment he was looking nervously to his left. He had just been officially been assigned on the mission with Team 8, and right now he was waiting for the Genin on the team to show up. He was with their own teacher at the moment, Kurenai Yuuhi, who was staring at him with completely unblinking eyes. SHe had wavy brown hair that went down her back, and was in her late twenties with an hourglass figure that was concelled by a dress made of bandages, and a fishnet undershirt. One oh her arms had a long red sleeve on it, and she wore her headband on her forehead like a normal ninja would.

She just stared at him.

It was creeping him out, a lot. Her red eyes had no pupils, but instead strangely concentrated rings in the iris. He wasn't looking at her at the moment, but he could feel her stare piercing the back of his head.

"Thank you Naruto." She finally said the first words that she ever spoke to him since they met up at the front gates. Naruto looked at her in shock for the unexpected thank you, and she had a small, graceful, smile on her face. "You beat Neji for Hinata, and that means a lot to me. So thank you for looking after her honor, when I could not." Kurenai thanked him again, and he rubbed the back of his head.

"No problem Kurenai-sensei, anything for one of my friends. Neji was being such a jerk that I felt that he needed a good ass kicking!" Naruto explaimed with a loud chuckle. Kurenai didn't laugh, but her smile did grow a little bigger at his casual dismissal of a thanks for protecting somebody. Naruto was a good boy if he didn't expect to be thanked for helping people out, something that was great in her opinion. He helped people without expecting to be thanked in return for his efforts.

"That being said, why are you wearing a skirt?" Kurenai asked with a raised eyebrow, while Naruto groaned. He had a feeling that a LOT of people were going to bother asking him about this. He wasn't going to bother explaining his reasons every time though, so giving her a deadpan look, he decided to explain in the most simply and easy to understand without a lot of words way he could think of.

"I like wearing it, I'm a crossdresser now." He deadpanned, just as the sound of feet started to be heard heading their way. He and Kurenai turned around to see the rest of Team 8 walking towards them with their bags strapped to their backs. Naruto didn't have to carry his stuff manually, because the only stuff he ever brought on missions were weapons and other such things, and now he could carry them inside of his pocket dimension without any trouble involved. The first person he noticed was none other than Shino, the opponent he had defeated by the use of summoning toad.

The second person was Hinata Hyuga, a girl that was actually shorter than him with short, dark blue, hair with straigth bangs and two sides that hung down lower. He eyes were a lilac color, and she had no visible pupils inside of them. She wore a baggy coat that didn't show much of her growing body, and she wore regular blue shinobi pants that cut off at her shins. She seemed to have a blush on her face when she arrived though for some reason. She couldn't seem to look right at Naruto, but he raised his hand and waved to her anyway.

The next person was Kiba Inuzuka, a boy taller than Naruto with tanned skin and two vertical fang marks on his cheeks. His entire iris was shaped like a slit, pupil included, and the boy wore a gray hoodie with a brown fur lining on it to cover his head. On top of his hoodie was a small white dog with brownish low hanging ears named Akamaru, Kiba's fighting partner and best friend.

"Yo Naruto! Saw your fight with Neji, you totally creamed the guy!" Kiba said as Akamaru barked as his own way of agreeing with Kiba. The dog loving boy was grinning as he gave Naruto a firm pat on the armored back, before he winced when he realized he had just slapped metal. Naruto grinned and held his fist out to the boy, who bumped his fist to Naruto's armoed one.

"I know right, totally easy too. The guy didn't even know what hit him. They give the title of genius to everyone these days ya know." Naruto bragged with an easy going grin on his face. Kiba circled an arm around Naruto's shoulders, before he leaned in close.

"Hey... you know, I made a killing betting on you. When we get back to Konoha, I am going to treat you to a bowl of ramen. I bet you would win the entire thing, an easy 980,000 ryo in my pocket. I totally owe you one." Kiba said with a grin on his face. He made sure to speak in a whisper, since he didn't want to make the fact he had bet on Naruto to win very well known. He had been lucky he had decided to bet on Naruto defeating Neji, and then when Naruto had won that fight he had bet again on Naruto winning the entire thing.

Surprisingly, more people bet on Naruto beating Neji than one would think. More of them being Jonin from the leaf that had bet on him.

"Make it an even dozen, and I won't tell anyone else how much you got." Naruto conspired with Kiba, who thought about it for a moment, before nodding and shaking hands with Naruto. They both seperated from each other, while Naruto waved hey to Shino with a grin on his face.

"Naruto, I see you are doing well, why, because despite your injuries from your fight you are fit for a mission." Shino greeted in his own unique way of saying high. Naruto started to sweat, not really understanding what Shino was saying because of the unique way he spoke. It was hard to tell if he was mad at Naruto, or if he was happy to see him again. His tone was void of any real emotion, and it made telling what he was implying harder for anyone involved.

"Okay, enough fun. This is how this mission is going to go, Hitome Town is a 17 hour travel by running, so we are going to run into the night and set up camp, before waking up early in the morning and getting there by noon. The chain of command is me, then Naruto, and then Shino." Kurenai informed them sternly. Hinata, who had been about to try and say high to Naruto pouted to herself and played with her fingers at being interupted before she coult thank Naruto for what he did with Neji, who had been a lot nicer to her since he had been beaten by Naruto.

"What!? Why does Naruto have more command than me?!" Kiba shouted in surprise, not understanding why Naruto was being placed in a higher position of command.

"Oh... I forgot to tell you guys I made Chunin. They really liked how I fought over and over and didn't stop winning ya know." Naruto said with an awkward rub of his head. He had known he had been forgetting to tell them something, and the news seemed to only actually be news to Kiba, who looked at Naruto in shock.

"Kiba, please pay attention. This had been gone over at Lord Hokage's office not even 30 minutes ago." Kurenai explained to him with her annoyance clear in her voice. She had expected Kiba to pay more attention than this, though she had to admit that she had seen how it took KIba awhile to figure out that the good looking red head sitting on the window had been Naruto and not some tomboyish girl. The look on Kiba's face when he had seen that the person was Naruto had be completely priceless, as well as soundless.

This was going to be a fun mission.