Chapter 39 End of the Training Arc

You know, that wasn't the worst thing you could have been caught doing." Shizune said to him as she comforted Naruto by patting him on the head. After being caught in the act, he had some serious explaining to do about why he had been laying a harsh beating on Virgo's ass... and who Virgo was since he had been the only person with previous knowledge of her existance. Gaara had been the least bothered by what he had seen, just having assumed that Naruto was relieving some stress from the battle.

Which he had been.

Turns out, unleashing some pent of frustration of Virgo, which she enjoyed, was a great way for him to unwind after a fight with an S-rank criminal that had nearly managed to kill both him and Gaara despite them working together... and him summoning Pisces... and while flying in the air through out the entire fight. Deidara had been a powerful opponent to be sure, but now he was dead and his corpse being examined with his bounty being collected so that it could be split between Naruto and Gaara.

"I was just rewarding her how she wanted to be rewarded." Naruto grumbled with his arms over his chest, leaning back in the chair.

"Sulking aside, Lord Kazekage, can you explain why you were being attacked?" Tsunade asked politely, speaking with the leader of a village put her in her more formal attitude.

"Yeah Gaara, the hell is going on. First Itachi and Kisame, and now this Deidara. All of them are wearing the same uniform." Naruto said with annoyance in his tone, with Gaara looking at Naruto.

"The Akatsuki, a previously mercanary group filled with only S-Rank ninja after people like you and I. It is unknown why they are just now attempting to collect the Tailed Beasts, but it is confirmed that they had the 5 and 6 Tails in their possession already. If it were not for you, then they would have gotten my Tailed Beast." Gaara told Naruto, who blinked at him with a dumb look.

"What?" Naruto couldn't help but ask.

"The Akatsuki travel in pairs, but while we couldn't find the partner of this member, we know he had been somewhere nearby. Kumogakure has the Two and Eight Tails, Iwagakure had the Five Tails and still has the Four Tails, Konohagakure has you with the Nine Tails, Sunagakure has me with the One Tail, and Kirigakure had the Six Tails with the Three Tails missing at the moment without a Jinchuriki." Gaara informed Naruto of the basics of the situation with Naruto thinking about it, before Shizune pointed something out.

"What about the Seven Tails? Historically speaking, that Tailed Beast resides in Takigakure right?" Shizune pointed out, with Gaara nodding.

"Yes, but they won't give any information about the status of their Jinchuriki to the other villages. They will only speak with those that had previous contact... why am I not surprised?" Gaara asked when he looked at the grin on Naruto's face.

"I've been the Takigakure before." Naruto pointed out with a grin in place.

"Takigakure is a 4 day trip by foot Uzumaki Naruto. If you go there, you may be placed in danger of the Akatsuki finding you. You are safer in constant motion, or within a village with the force to intimidate the Akatsuki. We don't know what they are planning for the Tailed Beasts." Gaara tried to reason with Naruto, wondering what Naruto was doing, with Naruto rolling his eyes at Gaara.

"I'm a little lost, what are you speaking about." Shizune questioned as Tonton ate a treat from Shizune's hand.

"I'm going to go to Takigakure and talk to the leader. Then I can see what the situation is myself. Anyway, if the Akatsuki are after the Jinchuriki... why not form a trust between the Jinchuriki? There might be... how many Akatsuki members are there?" Naruto asked with an unsure look on his face.