Chapter 20 You're a BOY

'Great... now I have a voice in my head.' Naruto thought as he walked with Yugao towards the Hot Springs Inn that they would be using to wash away the fatigue of a long few days travel. It wasn't an overnight mission sure, but Naruto wished that she had his stamina so that they could have just run the entire way there. Though, staying the night at an Inn would be a first time for him on a missions, so it was all a new experience. At the moment, they were talking around a town for the actual Inn itself.

"Hey, I thought I was going to vanish as well. Until you try and take the Kyuubi's chakra I am sticking around." Kushina's voice rang out through his head, and he internally groaned. It was bad enough that he had one quick tempered red head, like he should be talking, inside of his body... now he had TWO quick tempered red heads inside of him. He was happy that his mother would stick around, but she had nothing to teach him at the moment, strange because of all of the rumors about her that he had heard.

The first thing she told him, was that despite rumors she was NO swordswoman. She used a kunai at most as a blade, and couldn't use anything else worth crap. So in the swords department he already had her beat with his basic swings that he worked on. She cut through her enemies like a sword through butter, but she never actually used a sword. That was just some rumor that who knows who started, and she was dead so she couldn't argue against it. Naruto's family, the Uzumaki, weren't even known for their swordsmenship. They had no family style that he could learn, and those that DID use swords just used them because back in those days it was easier to use a sword to defend against a sword user than a kunai. They knew the basic swings, and that was it.

The second thing, she was no Ninjutsu Goddess that people made her out to be, apparently she used 7... maybe 8 different Ninjutsu of her elements tops, and a few fire ninjutsu that were ranked at D and C, so basic that almost any Jonin could learn them in seconds after reading a scroll on it. Kushina SUCKED at using most ninjutsu, and it was only in her two natural affinities, Wind with a secondary Water affinity, that she could use up to the rank of B rank ninjutsu. It wasn't something she was proud of, but while she had mastered those ninjutsu that she knew, she wasn't very talented in the art overall. It was just something that people confused her Fuin-Ninjutsu style as, they thought that she used pure Ninjutsu when she mixed Fuinjutsu into Ninjutsu to make her own style.

The third thing, she was a genius at Fuinjutsu... and she didn't know where the rumor came from that Jiraiya had taught Minato Fuinjutsu, but it was HER that had taught Minato how to use the Sealing Arts, arts that her family the Uzumaki were geniuses at, herself included. She was better than her own husband at the art, but since he used it more than she did he was more 'well known' for using it than her. It was bullshit, but she didn't really mind that she didn't get the recognition that she deserved for her talents in the arts.

The fourth thing... while her chakra was special and she could form chains out of it, she had told Naruto that it wasn't something that she could teach him. It wasn't even a bloodline, just a rare form of powerful chakra that VERY few Uzumaki were born with, once every few generations was an Uzumaki born with this form of chakra. It wasn't a hereditary thing, so it passing down from her to him was very unlikely, almost impossible considering her own chakra had been tainted by Minato's and the Kyuubi's during Naruto's, changing the way his chakra was and promising that he most likely would never gain the ability to form chains out of chakra like herself, or use her Barrier Fuinjutsu style that went with it. She wished she could teach him, but it wasn't meant to be.

Naruto's own elemental affinity was a mystery at the moment, so until then she didn't know if she could even teach him about her affinity. She was ashamed that she had nothing that she could teach him, other than coaching him on Taijutsu and breaking out of Genjutsu, but he would need a living sparring partner before he could really learn about either of those things. Basically, there was nothing that she could do to help him other than things like motherly advice, or maybe womanly advice.