Chapter 45 Bonding before a Job

"It's a shame I didn't have any nail paint last night." Levy said with sigh as she looked at the bottle that she and Naruto had picked up from the Fairy Tail gift shop outside of the guild itself. The bottles were small enough to fit into the palm of your hand, and on the outside of each bottle it had a label with a Fairy Tail symbol. On the inside of that symbol were small white lettering that gave instructions for how to use it and what it was used for.

Apparently it was infused with magic so that it it switched colors when you layered colors on top of each other.

They had decided to get a whole bunch colors, and Naruto was glad. He had seen that Kisame and Itachi had their nails painted a dull color like black. He didn't want to end up looking like an emo or something like that. If he painted his nails black then he might as well stick the back of his hair up like a chicken, dye it black, and then call himself Sasuke or something like that. He didn't want to be considered a brooding emo after all.

"Orange, blue, green, red, purple, pink, white, yellow, and glittering ones. There sure were a lot of them." Naruto said out loud as he looked at all of the different colors. Now, most people wouldn't paint their nails in public, but they were at the Fairy Tail guild hall at the moment where people did all sorts of things without a care for who they were surrounded by. Jet and Droy were both competing against each other to see who would get to pick the mission that they would go on when Naruto and Levy were done doing what they were doing, and Naruto could see Macao heading out on a mission of his own early in the morning.

"I like the options, hey Cana, wanna paint your nails?" Levy asked Cana, who was not very far away getting herself piss drink on a barrel of alchohol first thing in the morning. Cana blinked and looked over at them, before she saw that they were getting ready to paint each others nails.

"No thanks, I would rather drink." Cana told them as she raised the barrel above her head to show them what she was talking about.

"Hey Laki, how about you... and she's gone." Levy said when she noticed that Laki was already out of the guild after having gotten herself a job to take care of. She sighed and held her head, she could tell that she and Naruto were going to be spending a lot of time together. Despite being a guild, most of the time the members were out on jobs or they were doing their own things outside of the guild hall. She was one of the regular people that liked to hang out in the guild, instead of staying out of it.

"Gray, don't toss your used cigarettes on the floor!" Naruto called out to Gray the second he looked like he was about to toss his finished cigarette. Gray mumbled something as he stood up and walked all the way over towards the spot that Wakaba tossed his used cigarettes. He walked back towards the place he had been sitting, while Naruto narrowed his eyes for a second. He calmed down, before he turned back towards Levy, who was looking at the colors with calculating eyes.

"Red switching with blue, with the thumb being purple... and maybe a pattern of red, pink, orange, yellow, and green on one foot, with blue and purple on the other... with the rest switching between the colors." Levy seemed to debate with herself as she imagined how that woud look. Naruto sweat dropped at how she seemed to be taking this way TOO seriously. He had just agreed to this because Levy had looked like she wanted to paint nails, and it seemed like a good way to practice having a steady hand. She seemed to be taking way to much time thinking about the colors and color scheme that would be going into such a simple thing.

"Nobody paints their nails with Levy, because she can never decide on a color!" Cana called out over to Naruto, who laughed a little.

"Color is important! Warm colors make you feel warm and inspire passion, while cool colors calm you down level your head. If you combine them, the colors pop in various ways that enhance how you feel emotion. Colors are important!" Levy called back to Cana as she looked between the colors with a serious expression.