Chapter 16 New Mission Meow

"No, not going to happen." The Third Hokage stated after listening to Naruto's request. Naruto's jaw was dropped at the fact the Third Hokage was rejecting the idea of getting one of the Sannin back into the village. He was stunned into shock because of this, while Hiruzen blew smoke from his mouth out of the window.

"Oh come on old man, Tsunade has to be good for something in the village." Naruto complained with an upset look. The Third smiled at Naruto a little, before he leaned back in his chair and smiled wider at Naruto. It was obvious to him why Naruto wanted Tsunade to come back, for that Rock Lee boy, and he found that to be a great thing. It wasn't a good enough reason for him to send Naruto away from the village again so soon after the attempt at capturing him. It would take a whole lot more than that for him toe even consider it.

"Sorry, but no Naruto. I have a very important mission for you that is of much more importance. With your recent show of... skills in the last Chunin exams a certain village has finally decided to agree to allow a small grouo of Konoha Ninja to go into their village and talk over and alliance. The condition is that you go with the group so they can see the boy that has great respect for kunoichi." Hiruzen stated with an awkward expression on his face. Honestly, and by that he meant he had just lied when he said part of his reason, the reason why they wanted Naruto to go to their village was because they had seen what he had done, and how he had dressed in clothes that were obviously made for a female.

"Huh?" Naruto asked in confusion.

"Yes, you are going to be going on a mission to a village that has taken an interest in you. Their demands being that as a show of trust, you be allowed into their village. They see you as a valuable ninja, so letting you go to a neutral village as a show of turst will increase our chances for an alliance." Hirzuzen said as he took another drag from his pipe. He was looking at Naruto with a kind look, but also one that showed he was very wary of sending Naruto to another village. Of course, anything that could inspire another alliance with other villages was something that he would have to weight against the potential to lose a great asset to the village.

Jinchuriki were considered army busters for a reason.

A fully trained Jinchuriki could turn the tide in a war, and it was unknown if an alliance with a certain village would be worth risking a Jinchuriki, even more so one of the most powerful Tailed Beast.

Naruto had already shown skills enough to defeat another Jinchuriki, meaning that he had a lot of potential in him. It was impossinle to say just how much potential he had, even more so when one looked at who his parents were, and just how unreal his chakra reserves were. Even after so many fights back to back, Naruto had still had a lot of chakra left to fight with. That said just how overwhelming his chakra was, even though most of the time you couldn't tell how much chakra he would produce unless you were fighting him. It was like he had some kind of unconsious way to block out most of his chakra from the sensing ability of those around him.

"Well that seems like bull to me. I mean seriously, I don't respect ninja unless they are awesome or strong." Naruto said with a wave of his hand, not really caring about the mission since the reasons seemed so... stupid in a way. They liked what he looked like, so they wanted to meet him. It seemed like a pretty shallow reason to him to want to meet him.

"Well the mission is in a week from now, so you have little chose in the matter." Hiruzen said with a twitching eye, and Naruto pouted at him. He made his cheeks bulge out, and he forced a sad look into his eyes, with a single stray tear falling from his left eye. Hiruzen coughed into his hand and looked out the window, making Naruto return to normal and snap his armored fingers in annoyance.

"Damnit... okay, who am I working with?" Naruto asked with a tilt of his head.

"You are going to be working with Neko." Hiruzen stated, meaning the Anbu that was named aftet the mask she wore, a cat. Her real name wasn't something that Naruto was allowed to learn, but she was simply a guard and the official liason for the peace talks between the nations. He would have sent another person, but most of the more powerful people in the village were male, and the village that was interested in Naruto was not a village that allowed for normal shinobi to enter their village. Naruto would be the first male ninja to be actually accepted, without having been kidnapped.