Chapter 16

Sunny's POV

He walked to the elevator with me in his arms. He used one arm to hold me and the other to press the ground button. I held onto him tight afraid to fall even though I knew the last thing he would probably do is drop me. The doors opened and he held me all the way to the car and sat me down in the passenger seat. He gave me a small pat on the head before shutting the door and going to the drivers side.

"Wh-what?" I muttered to myself confused. He hopped in and started the car pulling out of the parking garage. It was silent in the car which for once I did not like. "D-did you f-finish all your w-work?"  I turned towards him and folded my hand across my lap. He glanced quickly at me before adjusting his eyes back to the road. "Um...yea." He muttered awkwardly. "That's good!" I said giving him one of my best smiles.

Noticing my happy smile he sent one back to me which made my smile grow even bigger if it was even possible. "I like your smile!" I blurted our before I quickly covered my mouth and felt my eyes grow big.

"I-I d-didn't m-mean t-t-to sa-"

"I like yours too."

I felt my heart beat against my chest. I felt as though I was about to pass out. Xavier just said he liked my smile. What even!

"Th-thank you!" Stupid stutter. "Your welcome!" He said with a smile still on his face. We sat in silence for the rest of the way which I was thankful for since I was still trying to calm down about the recent encounter.

Finally though Xavier turned into his driveway and stopped by the guards. The head guard stepped up and looked at him. "Good evening sir, I just want to inform you that Mr. and Mrs. Black had decided to show up 15 minutes ago." I noticed Xavier's hand stiffen. "I though I had said that they are not welcomed here anymore." Xavier gritted out making the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up. "W-we'll sir they insisted." The guard stuttered. It was weird to see such a tuff man look like he was about to pee his pants.

"Michael I had specifically said I do not want them in my house again and you failed to obey my orders. I want you packed up and gone by tomorrow and if you fail to do so I will make sure you do not get another job anywhere else. Do you understand?" Xavier said in anger. The poor guy nodded his head and and backed away from Xavier's car with his head hung low. I felt so bad for him but it's not like I could do anything.

The gates opened and Xavier drove in to the long driveway. Instead the usual empty driveway there was a parked white Lamborghini sitting at the front. Xavier parked the car behind it and laid his head against the steering wheel letting out a deep breath. At that point he looked so stressed and sad I wanted to wrap my arms around him and give him a big hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly as though if I talked to loud he would snap. "Yes sweetheart, there is just some people here that came uninvited." He said now looking angry. I knew I should have not have asked. "Let's go ahead and get out so I can get this over with." He said opening the car door. I followed suit and stepped out to the front of the car so I could grab his hand. I noticed this calmed him when I did it last time so hopefully it will do it now. He as well walked to the front of the car and once he noticed me waiting for him it was like his stress vanished.

He sent me a smile which I couldn't be more relieved about and grabbed my waiting hand which now felt so small in his large one. We walked to the door of the mansion and while he got his keys out I stood quietly beside him till he opened the door.

In the living room a man and a women who looked to both be in there mid 40s sat on the couch. Upon me and Xavier's arrival they turned around and stood up giving me a better look at them. The woman looked almost fake with the amount of product on her hair and face. The man looked arrogant and acted as if he owned everything. I automatically disliked him.

"It's about time you showed up." The woman screeched making me cringed at the highness of her voice. Xavier tensed beside me seemingly noticing my dislike towards her voice and pulled me into his chest. "Why are you both here!" Xavier growled out and I could only imagine how scary he looked. "Isn't it normal for parents to come visit their son every once in awhile." The woman spoke. Parents? "Not for you guys. Now tell me, what is it you want!" Xavier said in a way that I could not even describe. "We just wanted to talk to you for a little bit but it looks like you were a bit you busy fucking with that little slu-" The man was not able to finish.

"Do not finish that fucking sentence. You are in my house and will respect me and her!" The way his voice sounding gave me chill bumps. I was scared. "Wow Xavier. What's different about this one?" The woman said crossing her arms smirking. "Do not speak of her as if she is a thing! She is not a slut and the only slut I see is the one standing beside the rubbish I call my father! I want you both out of my house this instant!" I jumped at the loudness of his voice.

The woman stopped smirking and put down her arms looking at Xavier with a look that screamed fury. The man glared at Xavier. "That is no way to speak to your mother!" The man yelled at Xavier. "What mother. The only thing I see is a desperate woman who had your child for the money!" I gasped at the harshness of his words and felt my body shake. What did his parents do to make him speak so badly of them. Noticing my shaking his arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled my head under his arm whilst stroking my hair. "Leave! Now!" Xavier said slightly calmer now. "Fine! But at some point Xavier we need to have a word with you about our business!" The man said.

"Your business is not my responsibility. Take care of the problem on your own and leave me out of it!" Xavier growled. Finally taking the hint the man and women glanced at each other before walked towards the front door. They both left but not before the woman sending me a dirty look and slamming the door.

Xavier was silent as well as I. He hugged me tighter against him and put his head in the crook of my neck breathing deeply. He looked broken and tired. I slowly wrapped my small arms around him hugging him back. He liked that and I felt him sigh against my neck. "Thank you." He muttered.

()()()—-()()()—-()()()—-()()()—-()()()—-()()()

Hey my little peaches! 🍑  Last week was spirit week at school and I was playing on the football team causing me to go to practices pretty much everyday. But other than that...how was this chapter. Do you like it or think it needs improvement. Be sure to tell me.

Question of the day: How do you want/imagine your significant other to be like? (Long hair, short hair, eye color, personality, hair color, hobbies, mood, etc.)

Anyways sorry for the long wait this chapter and next chapter I will definitely not wait so long to update. I love you all! Bye my little peaches 🍑