Chapter 29

Sunny's POV

I shivered underneath the many layers of covers Xavier put on top of me. No matter how many covers he gave me I just couldn't get warm. He eventually gave up on that though and instead laid in bed with me and just held me. In my opinion, this warmed me up much more than the covers and gave me that weird stomach feeling.

"Darling, I hate doing this to you but I have to go to work since I've missed so many days and check on all my employees. Do you think you will be fine here alone? The maids are here so if you need absolutely anything go to them okay?" I nodded my head and closed my eyes again trying to sleep. I felt his hand caress my head and then a wave of coldness hit me when I felt him let go of me and get off the bed.

I heard some shuffling and when I opened my eyes again he was standing in front of me in a suit. "I want you to call me if you need anything at all okay. I will be back as soon as possible."

"Okay." I mumbled tiredly. I just wanted to sleep. I felt his lips touch my forehead causing me to shiver but this time it wasn't from the cold. I heard his footsteps and the sound of the door shutting. Not too long after I slowly drifted off to sleep.

————————-A While Later———————————

When I woke up I checked the time and saw it had been an hour since I fell asleep. I felt a little better but my head and throat both still hurt. I sat up in my bed. I was hungry.

Slowly I slid of the bed and stretched my achy muscles. Xavier said that whenever I wanted I could have food which I thought was pretty cool. I opened the door and walked down the huge flight of stairs that I have come to grow accustomed to.

When I walked into the kitchen it was empty which was common because whenever the maids were not cooking they were usually cleaning other parts of the house or gardening. I opened the fridge and looked at all the food. I don't think I can ever get use to being able to grab the food I want whenever I want.

I grabbed some leftover Mac and cheese that we had and heated it up in the microwave. Once it was finished I decided to go outside to eat since it was actually a warm day out which is rare considering the season. Xavier said that I could go out here whenever I wanted and I enjoyed it because of how peaceful it was. His backyard had a pool ,which I have yet to use since it was to cold, and his yard also was humungous.

I sat down in the lawn chair beside the pool and happily ate my Mac and cheese. I loved Mac and cheese.

The birds chirped around me and the wind blew slightly causing the fallen leaves on the ground to move. The only thing that would make sitting out here better would be Xavier but he was at work. He would be chasing me or making me giggle.

I like Xavier

I heard a slight screeching sound that sounded like a gate opening but ignored it thinking it was probably one of the guards or maids coming in. My eyes stayed closed and I just sat and listened to the nature sounds.

It didn't last long though.

Suddenly something covered my mouth and nose and my hands were grabbed. I tried to yell but a piece of cloth was over my mouth and my scream was muffled.

"Shhhh. Just breath." A deep voice said. My eyes watered and I struggled trying to get away. The man held me down though. I couldn't hold my breath any longer and was forced to take big breath in.

"Good. That's it."  The voice said.

I felt myself begin to grow tired but still struggle to stay awake. He only held me tired. Right before I was about to pass out he removed the cloth and let go of me knowing I had no chance of getting away in the state I was in. The last thing I said before I blacked out was "Xavier" and then everything went black.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Hey my little peaches 🍑

I should have absolutely no excuses for not updating in so long.

The school year is often extremely busy for me which often leaves me no time for updating. I just want to say thank you to all that have stayed with me even after I didn't post for the longest time. I can promise you all that once summer starts it will be so much easier for me to update. We are in Christmas break right now and I am so grateful to actually have free time to do things.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I can thankfully say that I did.

Question of the day: Do you have any New Years traditions? (We don't do much. Just watch the ball drop in New York on TV)

I love you all and I know my apology is definitely not enough in relation to how long I left y'all without an update.

I hope you all have an amazing New Years and that your 2020 allows you to grow as a person.

Bye my little peaches 🍑