Chapter 30

Xavier's POV

I sat in my office and went through file after file. This is what I have been doing since I got here this morning.

There was a lot to make up that I couldn't wait to go home. I was planning on taking Sunny to the aquarium tonight.

"Mr. Black!" My assistant rushed in.

"Do you not know how to knock! What do you want?" I snapped at him. I just wanted to finish these file and go home without being bothered.

"I-I am so sorry to bother you, sir. You have a call from your house. It is one of your maids. She said it was an emergency." I stood up quickly and snatched the phone from her hand. I had told the maids to call if absolutely anything happened while I was gone.

"Hello?" I said impatiently.

"Mr. Black! There is an emergency! It's about Sunny!" The maids on the other line said.

"Well spit it out then!"

"One of the gardeners was outside cutting the flowers when he said he heard muffled screaming. When he went to check it out Sunny was no longer where she was laying out by the pool at! We have searched all over the house, sir but we can't find her anywhere!"

I felt my body freeze almost like someone splashed ice cold water on me. The phone dropped out of my hand.

Quickly though I snapped out of it and picked the phone back up.

"I want an investigator on this pronto! Call the police along with him! Continue searching for her and don't you dare fucking stop! I'll be there in a second." I hung up.

My body shook. I felt a mixture of worry and anger in me. If she is actually gone like the maid said whoever fucking took her will be dead by sunrise no matter the consequences. I stormed out of the building ignoring the confused looks of my employees.

Once I got to the bottom of the building I hopped in my car and sped out of the parking garage. My hands were tightened on the steering wheel and all the worse scenarios were running through my head. What if someone is hurting her. What if I never see her again. What if they torture her. I was shaking and clutched the steering wheel for dear life.

Suddenly though, I felt something. Something dripped down slowly on the right side of my cheek. It continued to fall till it dropped onto my suit. For the first time in 14 years, I was crying.

For the first time, I was letting weakness take over.

For the first time, I was scared.

I didn't check to see how fast I was going. I was trying to get home as quick as I could which clearly wasn't god damn fast enough. My tears partially blinded me but I tried to ignore it and wiped them with the back of my hand.

When I reached my house, I didn't bother to park my car in its normally spot. I left it in the drive way.

I wiped away my tears one last time and ran inside.

Inside there were maids everywhere. Searching each and every room and calling her name. Lately, even the maids have grown accustomed to Sunny and enjoyed her presence at the once lonely home. I could see the worry in there eyes as they searched.

I spotted the maid that called me and walked up to her quickly. "Is there any news about Sunny?"

"N-no, sir. We haven't found anything."

I nodded wordlessly and left her to continue looking. I felt a mixture of anger, sadness, and mostly fear bubbling inside me. Never have I felt so unsure in all my years of living.

I rushed outside where the maids said that Sunny last was at. I was immediately met with the gardener whom was pacing back and forth. Once he noticed me though he walked quickly over.

"Sir, sir! While I was searching around the backyard I found this note. I have not read it but I believe whoever took Sunny must have left it."

He handed the slightly torn and wet note too me. I grabbed it out of his hand and opened it.

Dear son,

As you have probably already noticed, your precious Sunny has been kidnapped but I must say, she was a little fighter. Too bad she wasn't strong enough. Let's get straight to the point now, Xavier. Your mother and I need money. We need it now. If you confide by our needs we will let you have little Sunny back. If you don't. Well...I think you can guess what would happen. I would hate to talk about our needs over a piece of paper so how about this. Meet us at the warehouse on 2784 Growing Street and we can talk. Oh and we will be sure Sunny comes too so just to have her as our little witness. I hope you do what's best son. Son or not we are afraid to use...extra force if need be. The time is ticking Xavier...

My heart beat out of my chest and my mouth was dry. The gardener stood there taking in my appearance. Once I reassessed myself I snapped. I ordered people left and right to get a car ready, get the guards prepared, call in backup.

I felt numb.

My commands were acted out immediately and now everything was being prepared.

We were going to the warehouse tonight.

With money.

But I had a plan.

:((:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(

Hey my little peaches 🍑

Long time no see. With everything that has been going on lately I am curious to know how all of y'all have been doing. Has everything been good, is everyone safe, etc. Please let me know!

Question of the day: Have you picked up any new hobbies since quarantine has started?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
I am sure for a lot of people the time we are in right now is very difficult and stressful. It causes people to be full of anxiety and causes mental health to go haywire. I just want to say that if anyone needs to talk or has a question about anything that is affecting their mental health or just affecting them in general please please please. Contact me. My Snapchat is: Cbates123456 and my instagram is: itscaitlinb. I will be happy to talk with you about anything you need or if you just need to someone to talk too I will be happy to help. Do not think your problem is unimportant. I am here to help no matter how simple it is. I know in times where I feel like I need someone to talk to but have no one it can be suffocating. So one last time please contact me if you need someone to talk to! No judgment and everything will remain completely secret!

^^^^^^^^^^

I hope you take what I said up there into consideration if you need help.

Thank you for all the support and love I get from all of you. I am forever grateful and it shocks me to say that we are almost at 1 million views! That is extraordinary.

Thank you all!

Bye my little peaches 🍑