Chapter 22

Xavier's POV

I was busy in my office when I heard the doorbell ring. Looking up from my paper I looked over at Sunny who stirred slightly in her peaceful sleep on the couch. I sighed before getting up and stepping out of my office to go open the door.

Of course, no surprise whatsoever, it was Caleb.

"Hey man!" He yelled. God how I would want nothing more than to just lay in bed with Sunny right now.

"Why are you at my house! I feel like your over here more than you are at your own!"

Caleb chuckled. "Well, you see-" He was interrupted by the small patter of feet behind me.

"Good job you woke Sunny up!" I groaned.

"Calm down man. She not a baby! Your acting like her mother!"

Sunny ran up and gripped onto my shirt watching Caleb from behind me.

"Anyways, like I was saying. I have to go somewhere with some family of mine for a couple days and I was wondering if you could do some babysitting?"

Babysitting? "Caleb you don't have a baby!"

"Actually...I'm not talking about a human baby!" He drawled out.

What the fuck was he talking about not a human baby! He turned around and ran to his car. I swear if some alien creature jumps out I wil-

Oh god

It was even worse

A dog...

Not just any dog though...Caleb's full grown Great Dane named Toby.

The dog came barreling towards the door way and I quickly moved over so it wouldn't knock me down forgetting about Sunny till I heard a scream. I grabbed her before the dog could touch her and hid her behind me.

The dog ran through the doorway and just by looking at it I could tell it was about as half as tall as me. It turned towards Sunny and I and ran over to us. I flinched getting ready to be tackled by the dog but instead I felt a small lick on my hand. The mutt was licking me. I moved my hand away in disgust.

"Y'all are baby's!" Caleb yelling from outside.

"We are not keeping this stupid mutt in our house! Get her the fu-frick out now!" I yelled.

Caleb put his hand on his chest in an offensive manner. "Did you just assume his gender!"

"Out now!"

"But what am I supposed to do with Toby?" Toby ran up to Caleb and nudged him on the arm.

"Take him somewhere else! Anywhere but here!"

"You and Sunny haven't even got to know him yet! Sunny come here!" Sunny slowly inched out from behind me and started walking over to Caleb.

"You will not get her into this!" I yelled.

"Bet!" Caleb said as Sunny started walking to him with her head down most likely scared because of the huge beast that was pretty much her size and would probably kill her if she got tackled by it.

Not liking the thought, I stood behind Sunny just to be sure. "Now, I want you to pet him lightly on the head." Caleb urged. Sunny didn't move.

"See, she doesn't like the stupid dog either." I muttered under my breath.

Completely ignoring what I said Caleb continued. "Don't worry he has never bit anyone before and is one of the nicest dogs you'll ever meet. Just pet him on the head and feel how soft he is." Sunny slowly brought her hand up and lightly touched the dog on the head. The dog clearly enjoyed it and leant his head down. A smile made its way onto Sunny's face.

She brought her other hand up and was now using both hands to pet it. The dog barked in the delight causing Sunny to jump at the loud noise but still continue petting him. Caleb slowly let go of the collar on the dog and instead of running off the dog stayed in its spot and stuck his tongue out.

"I told you she would like it!" Caleb said smirking.

Fucking moron.

"I still don't want him in my house! He will destroy the place!" I yelled.

The dog barked and growled which looked like it was aimed towards me. Sunny jumped and backed away towards me causing the dog to whimper at the loss of her touch.

"He's not going to hurt you Sunny. He's just angry because Xavier is a butthole who doesn't have a heart!" Caleb gave me a pointed glare. Sunny walked back to the dog and resumed petting it.

"Look at Sunny. She loves the dog and the dog also loves her. Imagine if I have to take the dog somewhere else. She will be heartbroken, won't you Sunny?" Sunny looked up at hearing her name but ignored what Caleb said and continued petting the mutt. Good girl!

"Please Xavier! Just this one time. It would make Sunny happy and you would not have to buy food because I already brought some." I sighed. The last thing I wanted to do was have to watch a dog the size of a horse and have to catch up on missed paperwork at the same time. Sunny did seem to be enjoying the dog though and every once in awhile she would giggle when the dog nudged or licked her.

"Fine." I muttered.

"What was that I couldn't hear you?" Caleb said mockingly.

"I said fine! But only this one time and I swear, you better not be gone long!"

Caleb smiled, "Great! Trust me, only this one time. Now let me grab the dog food." He ran over to his car and pulled out a big bag of dog food. Actually, big would be a understatement.

"Here you go." Caleb grunted whilst dragging the humongous bag of food from behind him.

"How much does it eat!" I groaned.

"Not much, just about 5 bowls of food a day. Oh! And don't forget water!" Suddenly a phone alarm went off. Caleb pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Well look at the time! I have to go. Thank you for watching Toby! Bye!" Caleb yelled as he ran to his car and started it. He slowly backed out, not before hitting one of the snowmen Sunny and I made, and drove out of the driveway. I ran a hand down my face and sighed. This was going to be a long week. 

-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-

Hi my little peaches 🍑

I hope every one had a great holiday because I know I did! Tomorrow it will be 2019 and I'm very excited. We are currently doing some renovation in our house so I'm working on cleaning out everything from my room.

Question of the day: Are you going to have a New Years Resolution and if so what is it. (I'm going to try and cut down on sweets).

Anyways I don't have much to tell you all except I hope you all have a great New Years and an amazing 2019.

Instagram: @itscaitlinb

Bye my little peaches 🍑