Chapter 0: One Fateful Night

Eighteen year old Namie Bakers shivered as the cold autumn breeze blew in, goosebumps forming on her arms and legs. She had decided to leave her friends' party early, seeing how she had an interview tomorrow and didn't want to go home blackout drunk, knowing her parents would scold her for such behavior. And knowing that all her friends were already hammered, she walked home, not bothering to call an Uber seeing how she had no money.

Besides, her home was only a few blocks away, and the neighborhood was secured and safe from robbers and assaulters, how bad could walking home be?

Such a naive little human.

Namie walked a little faster, wanting to hurry home and out of the cold weather. The cold was never her favorite about the autumn season, especially on how cold the nights were.

"I should've brought a jacket," the girl mumbled under her breath, rubbing her arms up and down for warmth.

It was then when she heard something snap behind her, a heavy boot snapping a stick in half. She froze for a moment, listening to see if someone was following her. Hearing no further footsteps, she waved it off as her paranoid imagination and continued home. But as she walked, the feeling of sutle dread clawed its way up her spine, leaving goosebumps under her shirt.

She stopped again, and looked over her shoulder to see if someone was following her. Of course, no one was there, not even a passing stray.

Feeling her paraonia grow, she quickly hurried onto her street, not looking back as she approached the safety of her home.

Namie sighed in relief as she was under the safety of the porch light, the dread now gone.

But as she stepped onto the porch, she heard the sound of a chuckle before freezing in mid-step. She didn't even register that the person behind her held a long kitchen knife in their hand. She turned around, and before she could scream, white hot pain exploded in her back as the stranger plunged the knife into her.

Up in the window facing the front lawn, her little sister of fourteen years, stared as she watched her older sister be killed in front of her eyes. She could not scream as the shock and fear prevented her from speaking. Namie gasped as she fell onto the cobblestone steps of the porch, dark crimson blood pooling around her.

Satisfied with their work, the person took the knife from the girl's back and looked up the window to see the younger sister staring at them. Under the hood, they couldn't help but smirk at the little girl's fear.

The stranger lifted up the knife and pointed it towards the girl, and before leaving, they mouthed; "You will be mine next."