Chapter 10: "Nothing Happened"

It wasn't hard for Katherine to avoid Hades, she rarely saw him during the day. She never went to the throne room while souls were in there.

Her hangover and the wounds from the night before were still very fresh, so she went to the library seeking solitude from everything. She didn't want to see her nymph company or her sister.

Earlier that morning, Katherine tried to keep the conversation from the ball. Namie was curious on what happened, did she and Hades do anything or did she meet someone. Instead of answering, she stirred the question away.

Namie could sense that something was wrong. She could read Katherine like a book. She knew something happened at the ball, something bad. Namie would notice how Kat would fidget if she stared too long and she didn't eat anything.

After Katherine left for the library, Namie headed straight to the throne room. She may not know what happened, but something in her mind Hades had to something with it. He was a god after all, he had no boundaries.

Throwing open the doors, Namie walked down the long aisle, ignoring the curious stares from the souls.

"Lord Hades," Namie said sternly.

The god on the throne looked up from the tablet he held, his eyes holding annoyance. He didn't like being interrupted during his work.

Though the god would never say it aloud, he was mad at Katherine. He had tried to find her at the ball but couldn't find her. The only thought was that she went to someone's bed. The thought of that made him furious. She didn't even tell him goodnight or where she was heading. He was worried, but worried as replaced by anger.

"What is it?" The god asked, already bored.

"We need to talk," Namie looked at the souls, "privately."

"You can say it here."

"It's about..."

She didn't even have to finish the sentence; Hades knew she meant Katherine. He quickly stood from the throne, told the souls to wait a few moments, and followed Namie into the hall.

"What's wrong–"

"What did you do yo my sister?!" Namie yelled.

Hades' eyes glowed violently. "What do you mean?"

"I know you did something to Kat. She was completely different from last night, and you were the last person she was with!"

The last person...?

"You promised that you wouldn't take advantage of her!"

"Namie–"

"You god's are all the same; just take, take, take."

"Namie–"

"Why did you even hurt–"

"NAMIE!"

Namie quickly shut her mouth, glaring at Hades.

"What is wrong with Katherine?"

"She kept fidgeting if I stared at her for too long, avoided any talk of the ball, and didn't eat anything this morning. She may hide it, but I know somethings wrong. I assumed you did something."

"Katherine, I have not touched your sister. After our dance was the last time I saw her. She talked to some of my family. They could know something."

"Who did she talk to?"

"My brothers Zeus and Posideon, Eros, Dionysus, and... Apollo." He spat out Apollo's name like it was poison.

"You don't think they did something to her, do you?"