Epilogue Pt. 1: Proposal

(A/N: Epilogues will be shorter than the rest of the chapters but in two parts. Enjoy!)

Six months later...

Hades paced and paced in the throne room up in Olympus, running his fingers through his hair. Anxiety ran through him like Styx. He was never anxious. He was always calm and collected. Yet here he was, pacing his brother's throne room having an anxiety attack.

For the last few weeks, he had been quiet and secretive to Katherine, avoiding her like the plague. He knew that he was hurting her by doing so, but this was important.

This had the Underworld and his existence riding on how he did this.

It felt like an eternity before Zeus and Posideon showed up. Zeus was dressed in a white suit with a golden robe on his shoulders, and Posideon wore a dark navy blue suit with sea green accents, his trident at his side.

Zeus had that knowing smirk on his face when he saw his brother await anxiously for them. Everyone knew that Hades had feeligs for that human girl since she had arrived. Zeus knew why Hades kept his emotions locked up until he was a man of ice, but he also knew Katherine would help thaw him out once again.

"My my, brother," Posideon said. "if I didn't know, you seem a little...nervous?"

Hades glared at his two brothers. He didn't want to admit that was he was beyond nervous for this; it was bordering on panic.

He had never felt like this, even when Persephone agreed to marry him.

A part of him wondered if the way he was feeling for Katherine was because she was a descedent of Persephone.

No, that couldn't be true. He had felt the same before and after Katherine awoke from Apollo's spell all those months ago. That couldn't be influenced by the fact Katherine was related to his dead wife. It was more than that, deep down he knew that. Katherine was different than Persephone on so many levels.

He knew he wanted this. To have a life with Katherine.

Hopefully she felt the same.

"Now," Zeus smiled. "What do you want us to do?"

***

Like every morning, Katherine awoke in a cold and empty bed, the only sign Hades was there was the lingering scent of woodpine in the sheets.

Over the last few weeks, he had been avoiding her like the plague. Katherine didn't know why. She never saw him more than a few seconds before he turned down another hall, and before she went to sleep, she would feel the bed dip, letting her know he was there. He would kiss her on the forehead before going to sleep, waking up early and leaving.

Katherine began to worry if Hades was regretting her staying down here in the Underworld. Everything seemed fine to her: she no longer had nightmares, she was getting better at controling her powers with the help of Hecate, and the trials were all in the past.

What was bothering Hades so much?

Sighing, Katherine got out of the comfort of her bed and shuffled to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

When she got out of the bath, she heard someone knocking on the door. Hoping it was Hades, Katherine put on a fluffy robe and hurried to the door.

Instead of Hades, it was her sister Namie. Katherine tried to not let her disappointment show as she smiled and let Namie inside.