Chapter 19: Spell

(A/N: Hey y'all, just wanted to say that Dark Shadows has 1.06k reads!!! *screams in fangirl* Ah, I'm so happy and proud of everyone who is reading and recommending my story, it just really makes me giddy. That is all!)

Everything in Hades' world seemed to stop once his lips met hers. Fireworks exploded behind his eyes, filling his body in blistering colors. Everything seemed to come to life; emotions that were buried deep down in the back of his mind were starting to resurface, coming forth to the front of his mind.

He would be lying if these feelings didn't intimidate him. He hadn't felt like this in centuries. Now, with Katherine, he was tasting, feeling, and seeing everything in bright colors.

He pulled Katherine closer to him, his hands tightening on her waist. He could taste strawberries and mint, a taste that he knew he would grow addicted to.

Katherine never expected for someone she grew to love to be kissing her, to admit his feelings to her. She never had any boy or man to want her; they always wanted Namie. She didn't blame them, Namie was the definition of perfection. But now, here she was, sharing her first kiss with the God of the Underworld.

The voices in her head were full on screaming at her; wails upon wails of curses and insults. The longer she kissed Hades, the more the voices got louder and louder.

Katherine pulled away, clutching her head in agony. The voices felt like someone was stabbing at her head over and over again. Once she had pulled away, the voices and the pain subsided.

Hades held her tightly. He watched as Katherine started to calm down, rubbing her head trying to relieve the pain. He had never seen a spell inflict physical pain on the one the spell was place on. Hecate was nowhere in the castle or even close to it; like she had disappeared.

Hecate kept her distance from the castle, hiding in the shadows. She kept her pressence masked, knowing that Hades was trying to find her. She knew that Hades would ask her to lift the spell, but she couldn't. Apollo threatened her family; he would eventually find out that Hecate lifted the spell, and kill everyone she loved.

She couldn't risk it. It was better to hide and keep her family safe until the month was over.

Unless...

Dissolving her body into black mist, Hecate slivered into the shadows of the cavern and blended into the darkness, in search of the one who might be able to help.

"Are you okay, Katherine," Hades asked, his voice laced with worry.

Katherine nodded. She told him how the voices from the spell made her feel pain, like they were stabbing into her mind until she pulled away from the kiss.

"I've never seen a spell like this," Hades said. "Whatever this spell is, is fueled by jealousy and possession. Whoever casted this spell obviously doesn't want you with me."

Katherine was scared, very scared. She didn't want to be controlled by a spell. She didn't like the idea that someone wanted to manipulate her feelings, to have her has a thing on the self. For the first time in her life, she felt safe and happy that she found someone. Now it was being taken away.

"Do you have any enemies?"

Hades chuckled, though it wasn't humoress. "Too many to count."

"Could it be someone who admired Persephone and feels that I'm replacing her?"

"It's possible. Many souls admired Persephone when she was here, but they aren't powerful to cast such a spell. Most are mere mortals without knowledge of witchcraft. Only Hecate has that much power."