15 | T E L L

《T R I G G E R  W A R N I N G》

River-rose pounded on the apartment door with more confidence than she had ever felt in her life. That's what almost a month of staying with Hayze had done for her. She had gained a butt load of confidence, though she was still shy.

The door opened and Nico smirked down at her. "Hello there girlfriend."

"Hi Nico. I-" and then thats where her confidence faded. "I-i need to tell you something."

"Oh okay. Come in."

She walked in and took off her shoes before going through into the room which was surprisingly free of the evidence of alcoholic beverages.

Slowly she sat down, slightly confused because she had never seen his livingroom so clean.

"Huh, you look cute. Never seen you in something like that before," as he guestered to the oversized sweater and thigh high socks.

"Thank you." She was about to say 'Hayze bought them for me.'

"So what did you have to tell me," he asked as he grabbed her thigh. She winced and took a deep breath.

"My parents... they-" She thought she could do this, but now, not so much. "I'm married," she blurted.

He laughed loudly, his head thrown back and his hazel eyes twinkling. "That's funny."

"Haha," she said nervously. "Yeah. But im being serious. My parents made me get married."

He stared at her menicingly, his lip curling up into a snare. "Why."

"Umm-"

"Do you like this guy?"

Should i tell the truth? "Yeah, um he's pretty nice and he has a really pretty house with a wonderful garden."

"So you're a gold digger now?"

She gasped. "No! I would never."

He growled and sprung up off the couch before rummaging through some drawers and picking out what looked like a... ring box.

"So, if i got down on one knee and asked you to marry me..." he popped the box open and got down on one knee. Her eyes widened and her hands started shaking. "Would you? Would you give up whatever he's giving you and marry me? The man who you've been dating since highschool. Huh?"

She had no idea what to say. Her eyes flitted between the little silver ring with a tiny peice of amythest on it and him. That was her birth stone. Suddenly, she felt like crying.

"Marry me," he said roughly.

"I-i-i." Her breathing sped up and a tear dripped down her cheek. "Nico, this is really sweet, b-but i can't."