40 | D A T E

River playfully pinched Hayze's side and he squirmed away, frowning down at her before his lips quirked up into a small smile

She smiled innocently at him from her place at his feet and playfully kissed his knee. He chuckled down at her before ruffling her hair and looking back to his book.

A small frown formed on her face and she kissed a trail up his leg, along his toned, thick thighs and ending right at his crotch. He still continued to read on, his big hand occasionally coming up to rake his hair off his forehead.

She watched quietly as he slid the page over with his thumb and his beautiful eyes slid over the words gracefully in a patient line. Her eyes fell to his face and she wondered how she had gotten so lucky.

After sitting at his feet for another seventeen minutes, she huffed and threw herself over his lap; knocking the book out of his hand.

He laughed quietly and ran his hand down her back and gave her bum a gentle squeeze then a smack before raking her hair back softly. "Whats wrong? Bored?"

She placed her chin in her hand and jolted forward when she felt him spank her. "Hey!"

He laughed loudly before rubbing the area gently. "You we're practically asking for it with the way you're laying over my lap babygirl."

She huffed and slumped back over his lap, letting out a small sigh when he raked his fingers through the soft hair at the nape of her neck.

"I'm a little hungry," she commented after a small pause.

His large hand ran down her back. "Would you like to go out and eat for a change?" He asked as he massaged her hips.

"Mhm," she smiled. "That would be nice."

"Alright," he said as he blew out a breath and playfully pushed her off his lap. "Get dressed into something nice. Im taking you somewhere fancy."

°•○●○•°

The two of them sat all dressed up - Hayze in a suit and River in a simple gold dress with a slit going down from above her knee. And even though they had dressed up for a fancy restaraunt, they sat in his nice car, on his warm leather seats eating junk food.

River gasped as a stray fry dropped between the seat and Hayze groaned between a mouthful of his bacon, lettuce and cheese burger.

"Sorry Hayze," she said as she stuck her hand between the seat and wiggled her hand around. "I got it."

He watched her get the fry and throw it out the window before his eyes fell on her exposed leg.

She looked over at him and rolled her eyes. "Hayze, you got mad at the waiter for doing the same thing just now. Thats why we left to get this food," she laughed.

"I see why he couldn't look away now," he grumbled, his plump lips quirking up into a small smile.

She laughed quietly and smacked his leg before reaching into the bag and pulling out her extra kids meal because she liked the smaller mozzerella sticks.

"Let me get one pretty girl," he said as he leaned over to look in the box.

She smiled and picked one out of the box, dipping it in the sauce before lifting to his mouth with her hand under it so nothing dropped onto the seats.

A small laugh escaped her as he bit into half of it and he pulled back until his head was against the window and he had a long string of cheese hanging from his lips. She quickly broke the other half off and ate it while she watched him try to get through the stringy cheese.

He frowned playfully at her before reaching forward to snatch up a napkin off her lap and a few fries. "Don't laugh at me."

She looked at his face for a second before bursting out into a fit of giggles. He shook his head with a small smile and grabbed her jaw before pulling her head forward gently and pressing a soft kiss to her nose and then her lips.

She smiled softly against his lips and tilted her head as he ran his tongue along her bottom lip. He kissed her passionately before pulling back and looking her in her eyes for a long second. He smacked his lips and cracked a smile. "You taste like cheese."

She laughed loudly and pat his cheek. "Good thing you like cheese."

He growled at her playfully and nipped at the skin of her neck. "I like you a whole lot more."

°•○●○•°

River gasped into the back seat of Hayze's car as he slowly slipped out of her and pulled her underwear back over and straightened it up.

She winced as she peeled her face away from the leather seats and Hayze shushed her quietly as he gently rubbed her skin.

"You okay babygirl?"

All she could manage was a small groan and he laughed quietly before turning her on her back and gently massaging her hips where he had been holding an iron grip just seconds before.

She looked up at him through blurry eyes and cracked a small, satisfied smile. She could barely make out the image of Hayze giving her his blinding smile.

"Kiss?" She asked quietly as she wiggled her hands for him.

He chuckled and hovered over her to plant a soft, yet passionate kiss on her lips. When he pulled back, he tucked his length back into his suit pants and zipped them up.

"Are you good now? Got the attention you needed?" He asked teasingly.

She rolled her eyes before shutting them and resting her head against the car seat as she attempted to catch the breath he had knocked out of her.

"Is that a yes or no?" He continued to tease.

She opened her eyes to glare at him before bringing her foot up and placing it on his chest. He grabbed her bare foot and pressed a kiss to her soft skin.

She scrunched up her nose. "That's gross."

"I don't care. I just like loving you," he smiled.

And she did too.

(A/N)

Hey, thanks so much for the reads and votes guys. My book is not even fully published and it's got 19.1K reads.
That literally blows my mind.

I know i haven't posted in a while, but don't worry, the posts won't be so far apart anymore. I've already gotten all the chapters prewritten, i just like to go over them before i post them.

I also haven't been in the best place so my motivation is kind of bleh; if that makes any sense.

Once again, thank you so much for reading. Have a good week ♡