46 | S U R P R I S E

"Why aren't you eating your food?" Hayze asked as he stared questioningly at River from across the table

She pushed her lasagna to the middle of the table and held back a gag. The smell was making her feel sick.

"I thought you liked when i made you vegetable lasagna. You haven't been eating properly for three weeks. What's going on?" Hayze asked as he got up and came around to her side.

She was hungry and the lasagna looked delecious but the smell had completely thrown her off.

"Bella rosa? What's wrong. Why aren't you eating?" He asked as he swept his hair to the side.

She groaned as she felt the nauteousness build up into her throat for the third time that day. She quickly took deep breaths to send it back down.

Hayze picked her up out of her seat and stroked her hair. "Are you gonna tell me whats wrong?"

She opened her mouth to speak but the sick feeling came back and she hurridley wiggled out of his arms and ran into the downstairs bathroom.

She threw the toilet seat up and her breakfast came rushing up into the toilet. She winced as her hair swung close to the toilet but Hayze quickly ran in and grabbed her hair before it could be hit by her vomit.

He plaited it back as she continued to throw up anything she had left in her stomach before gently patting her back to soothe her.

Once she was sure she had nothing left to throw up, she rinsed out her mouth and washed her face.

"How long have you been feeling sick like this?" Hayze asked as he swept the baby hairs away from her damp face.

"A month basically," she said quietly.

"A month?" He asked with raised eyebrows. "Why haven't you said anything?"

"You've been busy with those new projects."

"That's a poor excuse. You know i make time for you if you need my attention."

She scowled for a second before turning around and hugging him close. "I feel like a meat lovers pizza," she said after a few minutes of silence.

He chuckled and shook his head. "We have lasagna here. You can eat that if you're feeling better and i'll get you a gingerale from the fridge."

She pouted at him and gave him her best honey colored puppy dog eyes.

He stood his ground and pulled her into the dining room. "Its late. And a meat lovers pizza isn't going to do you any good if you're sick."

°•○●○•°

River thanked Vito as she got out of the car and then she walked into Hayze's building, annoyed at the fact that she felt as if she were bloating.

She had been eating healthy all week.