37 | B A T H E

(A/N - I'm posting a few extra chapters today because i'm just realizing my book passed 5K

Thank you guys so much ♡.
And thank you, thank you, thank you to the people that encouraged me to keep posting with such nice comments; you guys know who you are 😙.)

River was beyond embaressed when Hayze carried her out back to the car where Vito was waiting with the car.

Hayze basically had to carry her, along with her business purse and her heels out to the car.

"River are you alright?" Vito asked hesitantly as he saw her being carried out like a baby by her husband.

She blushed a bright red and tucked her head into Hayze's neck. It was rude not to talk but the embarrasment was keeping her from using her voice.

"She's fine," Hayze's voice rumbled. "I was just a bit rough with her," he joked.

She gasped and pinched his side to which he just chuckled and climbed into the car after thanking Vito.

A groan escaped her as he sat her down on and she shifted off the seat.

"Are you sore babygirl?"

"A little," she said quietly.

"When we get home i'll run you a nice warm bath and we can relax together. Hows that sound?"

She smiled and nodded eagerly before hopping back up onto the seat beside him. Her eyes caught his hard on which was still very much poking against his pants and she snickered to herself.

"Are you laughing at me?" He asked through a smile. "This is all your fault."

"No its not!"

He shushed her and put the divider up between them and Vito.

"If you finish me off, i'll even bake you something sweet," he bribed and she took it immediately.

"Macarons?"

"If thats what you want?" He smirked.

"Deal."

°•○●○•°

River sighed as she sank back into the warm water, her back pressed against Hayze's chest.

"Mmm, this feels so nice," she sighed.

"Yeah," Hayze said as he snaked an arm around and played with her breasts. "It does feel nice."

When she realized what he was talking about she turned around and slapped his chest causing the bath water to splash up into her face. Some of it went straight up River's nose.

The two of them looked at each other before spluttering with laughter; a warmth filling them unlike anything else.

Hayze leaned over and pecked her forehead, silently telling her sorry before turning her around and stretching over to grab a paddle brush from the side of the tub.