35 | H A R D W O R K I N G

River shifted uncomfortably as she noticed one of Hayze's employees staring at her

"Mr. Charles, did you hear anything i just said?" She asked as she stepped back from away from his desk.

He scratched his partly balding head and finally looked up at her face. "Hm, oh yeah," he nodded. "Of course. You want me to..."

River quickly took note of the fact that Mr. Charles had stared at her legs the whole time instead of sending out emails.

"Ugh... have a good rest of your day Mr. Charles. Get some work done, you're slacking," she said as nicely as she could before slipping out of the cubicle.

She sighed and shifted her business skirt before making her way towards the board room where she had to take over a company presentation.

Hayze was not in the main building because he was overseeing a project two hours away and he had put River in charge of everything for the whole day.

She was excited that he thought her capable of his jobs which he did well, but she was scared of doing something wrong. She wanted him to be proud of her but it seemed that no one was really taking her seriously.

She wanted him to kiss her and tell her she did well and that she'd made him proud. She also wouldn't mind having his head between her legs, pleasuring her and telling her she was a good girl.

But either or would have been fine. She'd be happy with just a smile of approval.

She felt they still thought her a child. She was only 5'2 and she had just turned 19.

But then she remembered how young Hayze had started his whole business. From scratch. He had literally stopped in the middle of college and decided he was going to become an architect.

He was self taught and he worked unbeivably hard, hardly sleeping some nights just so he could get where he was now.

He had designed and built his own business. His own home. He had done everything with his own hands. And River wanted to make him proud.

River looked down at her phone and her eyes widened when she realized she was four minutes late to the meeting.

She began speed walking down the halls but when she noticed people staring at her go by, she tore her heels off, picked them up and sprinted to the board room.

Right before she opened the door, she took a deep calming breath and put her heels back on her feet.

"Good afternoon, sorry i'm late," she said as she walked into the room. She bit her lip nervously as she walked to the front of the room, the testosterone hitting her in waves.

Once she was at the front near the flat screen grapics tv, her eyes fell on the multiple intimidating business men who were all looking at her with straight faces.