It's Just An Innocent Day In The Park... Isn't It? (Chapter 3)

Chapter 3

~It's Just An Innocent Day In The Park...Isn't It?~

'Anne's POV'

We were walking through the park trying to find a sunny spot on the grass to eat.

"What about over there?" Nathan pointed. "Perfect, let's go." I said following him.

I spread the blanket that he brought on the ground, slipped my shoes off and sat down. He put the picnic basket down and sat across from me. He had packed an entire lunch for us. I slipped my sunglasses on and watched him pull out the food and grinned, he had brought all of my favorite foods!

"Chocolate covered strawberries! Oh my goodness Nathan!" I exclaimed. He grinned at me and passed them over.

"You do know that it's not my birthday, right?" I asked and took a bite of one of the strawberries. I shut my eyes and moaned quietly, "This is fantastic."

When I opened my eyes Nathan was grinning at me, "Yes, I know it's not your birthday! Your birthday is in July." He laughed and reached for a strawberry. I shook my head and held them close to myself. "Excuse me?! I did all of this," he waved his arms around, "and you won't even share with me?!"

I grinned and shook my head, eating another strawberry. "Mmm this is so good." I moaned again and giggled when he glared at me.

"You are such a brat! I'm not even kidding!" He said getting up and snatching a strawberry from me.

"I am not a brat Nath!" I yelled throwing the end of my strawberry at him. It bounced off of his cheek and I covered my mouth quickly to hide my laughter.

"You are so going to get it now." He said with a laugh. I laughed, hopped up, and ran away from him. He tore after me and caught up quickly. He grabbed me around the waist from behind and spun me around.

"Put me down Nathan!" I squealed laughing.

"You threw a piece of strawberry at me that you had taken bites from! Not to mention that it hit my cheek!" He exclaimed. "There's no way in Hell I am putting you down." He said running with me still in his arms.

I laughed, "Nathan put meee down!"

"I will just as long as you apologize and tell me you love me!" He said laughing.

"Okay okay! I'm sorry! If you put me down, I'll love you forever!" I said loudly.

He placed me on the ground in front of him, "You could've just said that in the first place." He grinned.

"Your hair is bit messed up, might want to brush it before you leave the house next time." He winked and rubbed the top of my head which added more of a mess.

"Aren't you just the sweetest?" I asked sarcastically.

He grinned, "Yes, I most definitely am!" He went back to the blanket and laid down.

I rolled my eyes and followed him. "My socks are super damp now thanks to you!"

He shielded his eyes from the sun and looked up at me, "You cannot blame that on me! You're the one that ran through the grass with no shoes on!" He laughed and picked a few pieces of grass off of my ankles.

Why did that little bit of contact with him make my heart pound?

I laughed and sat down beside him, "Whatever."

"Let's eat some real food." He said leaning over me and grabbing us sandwiches. He dropped one in my lap and leaned back on his elbow to eat his.

I unwrapped mine and took a bite, "Oh my gosh! These are amazing." I exclaimed looking at him wide eyed.