Just Friends (Chapter 7)

Chapter 7

~Just Friends~

'Nathan's POV'

I absolutely had to go and talk to Anne about this whole thing with Tom. He was obsessed with her, it was obvious.

I had watched her through the doors the first day she met him. After she had sat back down she had grinned and rubbed her elbow where he had touched her. She obviously liked him too.

I needed her to not fall for him. He was a player, it was written all over his face.

She was way too good for him. Actually she was too good for everyone, including myself.

But I couldn't lose her to him, it would be terrible.

I opened her back door and went up the stairs to her room. I knocked gently and smiled as I heard the music that was coming through the doors.

One More Night by Maroon 5.

She had just gotten their new album, Overexposed, and she'd been playing it nonstop.

I pushed the door open slightly and grinned at the sight before me. She was dancing around her room and singing loudly. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it as I watched her.

She noticed me and grinned. She danced her way over and took my hand. "But baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you!" She sang grinning up at me.

I laughed and shook my head. She was ridiculously hot!

"Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head let it all go!"

"You're insane bubbly!" I exclaimed as she made me dance with her.

She pulled me close and sang her favorite part to me, "Got you stuck on my body, on my body like a tattoo!"

She was killing me.

She was only wearing her tight black shorts and a white tank top and she was pressed right up against me dancing.

Did she not have any idea what she was doing to me?

She danced over to her ipod dock and turned it down. I sat on her bed with my back against the headboard and laughed as she gulped some water.

"Sorry Nayf, that song is so amazing!" She said breathlessly.

I smiled, "It's no problem, you know I love watching you sing and dance."

She laughed and laid down beside me, "And I love watching you sing and dance! Speaking of which, there isn't much more of the auditions left is there?"

I tried to keep my gaze away, but she was laying directly beside me and had the most amazing body ever.

I cleared my throat, "Nope, just a few days now. We're down to a small group of guys and these new guys were just brought in, Jay and Siva, they're really good."

"That's cool! Not better than you I bet. How many guys are going to be in the boyband?" She asked.

I chuckled, this conversation was not going where I wanted it to.

"They're picking five. I'm really hoping I make it." I said smiling at her.

She reached out and grasped my hand in hers. "You will Nath, I can feel it."

I laughed, "You're always so confident in me! Even when I'm not confident in myself."

She rolled her eyes, "Obviously, I have to be. Especially when you aren't, that's what best friends are for!"

"Right!" I said faking a smile and nodding.

I had to remind myself that we were best friends and that was all, nothing more.

I was the one that wanted it to be more, not her.

"So I never asked, what brought you over here tonight?" She asked, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"I wanted to ask you about Tom." I said looking down at her.

Her brow furrowed, "What about him?"

Now I had to figure out how to word this properly.

"Erm... well it's obvious that he likes you and I just want you to be careful because he seems like a player Anne."

She rolled her eyes, "I think I can handle myself with a player Nathan. Besides, we're just friends, nothing more. He's really nice to me, so I was hoping to get another good friendship like the one we have! Maybe I will finally have another best friend other than you."

There were those words again, 'best friends'.

I was really starting to hate them.

"Promise you're just friends?"

She sat up and looked me in the eyes, "Nathan, Tom and I are just friends, I promise."

I guess I'd have to trust her, but I wasn't sure that Tom was ever 'just friends' with any girl.

Especially one as beautiful and sweet as Anne.

Hope you liked it! I know in reality the audition process was super long, but I had to cut it short. It'd be wayy too boring if they were super long lol Thanks for reading x