Conflicted (Chapter 21)

Chapter 21 

~Conflicted~ 

'Tom's POV'

Things seemed to be going really well with Anne since our little "fight". She was so beautiful and so incredibly sweet. I was really lucky.

She was currently sitting between Nathan and I on the couch, playing video games with him. They were yelling at each other and laughing and Anne would squeal loudly whenever someone would kill her.

They both continued to be very close, and I continued to try my best at not being jealous. They didn't make it easy on me, all they did was smile at each other, hug, hold hands, and other things that would make you think that they were dating. I just had to focus on the fact that everytime she slept over, she was in my bed, not his.

I glanced over at them again and shook my head. She was almost in his lap trying to take away his controller.

"Nathan!" She squealed.

"What?!" He exclaimed laughing.

"You didn't save me!" She said pulling away from him and pouting.

Damn, she was really adorable.

I took the opportunity to get her attention on me.

I put my arms around her and pulled her into my lap, "I would've protected you." I said kissing her neck lightly.

'Anne's POV'

As Tom kissed my neck I kept my eyes on Nathan. I felt so badly, I really did. I just wish he knew that.

Nathan kept his eyes locked on mine with a gaze that left me breathless. My jaw dropped a little. By the smirk on his face I knew that he was completely aware of what it was doing to me. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on Tom's lips on my skin. 

Im not gonna lie, it felt great, but with Nathan staring at me like he wanted to rip my clothes off... I was having a hard time focusing.

I opened my eyes and Nathan was still staring. I grinned and almost laughed out loud, it was hilarious now that he wasn't looking away!

'Perv' I mouthed and smiled slightly.

He grinned and finally looked down at his phone. I smiled to myself and turned my head so that Tom was kissing my lips. I didn't want Nathan to see that at all. I knew that it must hurt, it would hurt like hell if he did this in front of me with another girl.

I heard someone walking away and I opened my eyes briefly and watched as Nathan walked slowly up the stairs. His eyes met mine before he turned the corner and I had to pull away from Tom.

The pain I saw in his eyes made me feel horrible.

Tom grinned at me and leaned his head back. I focused completely on his adorable face. I needed to put the thoughts about Nathan aside. Tom was my boyfriend and I truly loved being his girlfriend.

I grinned, "What are you thinking about?"

"Just about how perfect you are..."

I kissed him, "Thank you." I whispered against his lips.

***********

I stopped at Nathan's door on my way to Tom's. He was laying on his bed with his laptop in his lap. He glanced up at me and grinned.

I smiled slightly, "We're going out, want to come?"

He laughed, "With you and Tom? I don't think so."