Chapter 4

My heart is pounding.

It has been a whole hour since i got the text and i cannot bring myself to open it because it will show that i have read it and as much as I want to read it I know it will open a new can of worms.

I keep re-reading it over and over again.

It must be him.

I told him i sounded like a mouse when i was stood at my locker.

And lets face it nobody else texts me but Mia and now...

Alex Reed.

Climbing into bed i hold my phone in my hand staring at the notification.

What am i so scared off?

I close my eyes for a moment before opening the message and it appearing on my screen.

Why why why would he want to message me?

How did he get my number?

I throw my phone on my bedside table and pull my covers up under my chin trying to concentrate on the TV but I am stupid for trying to focus on anything else.

What do i do?

I god Ellie get a grip of yourself!

My mind is on overdrive and i can't focus on anything but my phone and the message it holds. I need to get some sleep.

Plugging my charger into my phone and setting my alarm for morning i turn off the lights and my TV and turn on my side.

What does he need from me?

________________________________________

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Jumping up I wipe my face with a cucumber wipe, throw my hair into a messy bun and completing my morning routine.

I'm quite excited today because i have track practice and i love running and getting around the field, I am determined to beat my time this year.

Pulling on my black sports leggings and my crop top and pulling a thin white shirt over the top and finalising my outfit with my black running shoes.

I pick up my phone and it hit me.

The message.

I shake my head and place my phone in my rucksack before heading down to the kitchen.

"Morning Mum- Hi Dad" I sit between my parents on the breakfast bar.

"Good morning" Their quiet morning voices chime in sync.

I know straight away there is a tension in the room - dad goes to the city today.It is always hard when he leaves. We miss him when he is gone.

"You know you should come with me one day Ellie, you could work an event or get an apprenticeship - you'd enjoy it" My dad throws his notepad in his briefcase and looks at me waiting for a response

"I am happy at college or i would" I smile and pat his back before grabbing a piece of toast from the plate my mum made

"I'm sure in the holidays you could come with me" I sense my mum stiffen - she hates when dad is away over Christmas and new year but he also goes away for 5 weeks in the summer.

"Maybe dad"

I kiss my mum on the cheek and hug my dad. "So i will see you in two weeks dad, be safe for me and i will see you tonight mum, movie night?" I need to cheer her up.

"I'll order in" she confirms and nods.

I walk out the door and hop down the steps before walking the 20 minutes to school, I have decided to walk the distance instead of the bus as I do not want a repeat of the other day.