Chapter 17

I cannot believe i am standing here in Alex Reed's bedroom wearing his clothes.

I feel a lot better now i am dryer - of course my underwear is still the same but there is no other option for that.

I probably shouldn't search his room but my feet are freezing so i find myself looking for some of Alex's socks to borrow. In the second drawer down there are plenty of white socks all folded together and organised. Why do i feel like Carol is the organizer in this room? I Chuckle to myself as i pull the socks onto my feet.

I fold up my clothes and carry them in my arms and down the stairs. Again my eyes are drawn to the pictures on the stairs.

I hear the quiet chat of Alex and his mum in the kitchen and find myself listening.

"So why aren't you two still at the party?" I hear Carol ask.

"It isn't her kind of thing and I just wanted to make her comfortable so i offered us to go on a walk away from the house and then the weather wasn't in our favour" I find myself smiling at Alex's explanation.

"Well i think i have just witnessed you becoming the man i raised you to be. I can tell this girl is special to you so I will be in my study." I hear her place her drink on the side and then i hear footsteps.

I tense and continue to walk down the stairs knowing that Carol leaving the kitchen means she will see me and as i get to the bottom of the stairs she is closing the door to the kitchen. She notices me and gives me a warm smile.

"Do you feel better now you are dry?" She gestures to my clothes "Give me those dear i will dry them" Before i can politely decline so that i am not asking to much she is already taking them from me.

"Thank you Carol" I smile and she nods towards the kitchen door implying Alex's is in there.

She walks down the corridor and i open the door to the kitchen to see Alex sat on the counter in the kitchen and scrolling through his phone and he hasn't even noticed I'm here. I look to the left and see a small cushion and i pick it up and throw it towards him and it hits his arm.

He looks up shocked and looks right at me. "You're dead" He has a playful glint in his eyes and before i know it he is off the counter and coming towards me.

I find myself running to the other side of the counter so that it is in between us and his eyes are joined by a smile and i find myself smiling too.

"If you wasn't on your phone you'd of noticed me come in and avoided the pillow" I shrug innocently.

Alex is looking at me and then looks through the window behind me and his smile drops "Shit" i hear him say and i turn around to see what he is looking at.

Before i can focus through the dark i feel Alex grab me and pick me up over his shoulder and i can't even speak i just let out a small yelp.

"Gotcha" Alex laughs and spins us around "Totally had you going then" He places me down and i find myself lodged in between him and the counter and i feel my face getting hot.

I look up at him and notice his hair has a slight wave in it now and it must be the rain that has brought it out. He is also wearing a tight grey top which shows off his arms.

"Earth to El" He places his hands on the counter at either side of me

I can't help but think about how close he is to me. He smells amazing and I know for sure i made a mistake not allowing him to kiss me the other night. I think i may have blown that for sure.

I pull my thoughts back in and look up at him and he is inches from my face. "I swear i thought someone had stolen your truck or something - dont do that it scared me!"

"Aw El, you care" He smiles

I care way more than he knows

"Of course i do you fool!" I find myself trying to hide a smile.

"How much do you care?" He moves one hand from the counter and takes my hand in his. Oh Fudge.

I find myself shuffling slightly in between him and the counter and he backs off a little but keeps hold of my hand and still keeps the distance small between us.

" My heart is racing"

Oh my god i just said that out loud. ABORT ABORT

I look up at him and he looks shocked but a smile has formed on his face.

"I can't believe i just said that out loud" I hide my face in his chest and i feel his arms enclose my in a soft embrace but he doesn't say a thing only chuckles.

Wow i feel like i am going to pass out.

I am stood in Alex Reed's house and i am currently stood with his arms around me.

I really have feelings for this boy and every second he spends with me is proving that his feelings for me are true.

"Ellie?" I feel his chest grumble as he speaks.

I have to face him.

I look up at him and he is smiling down at me.

"My heart is racing too" I froze. 

At first i thought he was teasing me for it but i looked at him and he was genuine. This is not the Alex Reed that everyone seems to know.

I begin to giggle but I know it is nerves.

I feel like this Alex is for my eyes only.

I step away from him because i know if i am in his arms i cannot get my brain to thing straight.

"I'm glad you said it out loud" He chuckles and goes around the counter and pours the water from the kettle into two cups.

Now that he has his back from me i can finally breath.

What the hell am i going to do?

______________________