Chapter 11

I look out the window and we are at the Pier - That is where the 15 minute silent drive brought us to.

"I love the pier" I smile and kick my leg over the back of the bike while trying to undo my helmet under my chin.

"So do i , that's why i brought you here" I hear Alex laugh after his sentence because he is watching me trying to unbuckle my helmet.

I see him through my visor taking his helmet off and climbing off the bike and then before i can comprehend what is happening i feel his cold hands against mine and against the skin of my neck.

"Let me help you get this off" I hear his boyish chuckle to compliment his kind gesture.

I feel the helmet rise on my head and i quickly fix my hair.

"Thank you" I smile and look up over at where the laughs and screams of joy are coming from.

"No problem, come on" He nods in the direction of the pier and i feel his cold hand grab mine as he leads me to the steps.

I am holding Alex Reed's hand.

Alex Reed is holding my hand.

I can not help but look at our hands laced together. So much so that i trip up the first step and i feel Alex's hand tense in mine in a gesture to stop me falling too much.

"Shit you okay?" Alex jumps back down a step and chuckles at me.

"Yeah i am just clumsy" I laugh and continue up the steps.

"I know, i remember when you dropped your book - you said the same thing then" He looks back at me and winks.

I find myself smiling

"Come on slow coach" He tugs on my hand which is when i realize i was almost at a stop at the top of the steps.

Alex pulls me through the booths and stalls of people and up some more steps where we get stopped half way up at the queue of the roller coaster.

"You like coasters?" I look up at him while he is calculating the size of the queue.

"Yeah mouse, do you?" He grins at me "Well i hope you do, no going back now" He gestures to the people behind us blocking us in.

"Oh yeah i love them!"

____________

The carriage comes to a stop in front of us and the people get off the other side which leaves the cab free for us to get in.

"Ladies first" I hear Alex say and he gestures to the cab.

"Why aren't you such a gentleman" I mock shock and climb into the cab and then Alex climbs in next to me and pulls the bar down to lock us in and works the mechanism on the front so that it stays locked.

I look at him confused - how does he know how to work it?

"I used to work here in the summer last year " He answers my unspoken question and shrugs.

The guy who actually works here walks up to our cab and pulls the same confused face as i did as he looks at the completed lock before moving his eyes to myself and Alex.

"Reed!" They guy and Alex do a man handshake and mumble some works in lad talk and i sit here like a broken jellyfish.

"Man it ain't the same working this pier without you - Hey Jerry! Twice Round! Got a worker riding" The worker motions a circle twice in the air to the controller to gesture two rounds on the coaster as Alex turns around to face the controller and gives a boyish wave to him while grinning a gorgeous smile.