Chapter 13

I search the flowers that were left on the doorstep for a note but my search was unsuccessful.

Why wouldn't he leave a note?

He hasn't text me either.

He is playing with my head. I place the teddy on my bed and put the flowers and the balloon in the corner of the room.
I can not help but smile at the kind gesture.

I shake some sense back into my brain and close myself out of my memory zone of a bedroom and head downstairs.

I can hear Nate on the phone as i come downstairs and turn the corner to join him on the kitchen.

"Thats great, thank you man" Nate grins and hangs up the phone.

"You look happy" I lean up and grab the cereal but Nate has to help me reach the bowls as his height towers over mine.

"I am little sis, we are hosting a party" Nate shakes his phone implying that the phone call was regarding the party.

"When?" A party in my home- where i relax. Damn.

"Tonight - everyone is invited - Mia and the cheer team - The basketball team obviously - need to get the hype up and before you say anything mum is out buying food for it right this second"  He grins and sticks his tongue out at me.

I pour my milk into my cereal and keep my lips sealed. I don't like parties but i have to support my brother.

I hear Nate go upstairs and i pull my phone from my pocket.

I go to a name that is second on my recent texts.
Mia.

Fancy a shopping trip? - E

I place my phone on the top while i eat my cereal in a daze. So tonight there are going to be hundreds of people in my house. The only reason i am going shopping for an outfit is because Mia is coming to the party and i know she will not let me hide in my bedroom all night.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone buzzing.

Always, when and where and what food is there? - M

You can drive so you can choose, pick me up as soon as you are ready and make sure you are ready to find me a nice outfit for tonight! - E

I feel a smile on my face. i have missed Mia and i am quite happy to be spending the day with her.

Be there in 15 - M

I jump up and throw my hair in a scrunchie before running upstairs and applying a-bit of mascara and put on a grey hoody to go with my leggings and converse.

I can see the flowers behind me as i do my makeup in the mirror and i can not help but think how beautiful they are. They are a big bunch and must of cost a-lot. It isn't about the price at all but i just don't understand why Alex seems to have become interested in me and i cant stop think that it is just to get to my brother.

My phone buzzes in the pocket of my hoody

Get in loser we are going shopping - M

I smile. Typical Mia. I run down the stairs and out the door to her car where i can hear The 1975 blasting from the stereo.

I pull open the door and the music gets louder but she turns it down so that we can hear eachother.

"Hey bitch!" Mia chimes as i climb in and fasten my seat belt and she pulls out to head to the mall.

"Hey to you! Feels like forever!" I look at her and she is typical Mia with her makeup perfect and not one hair out of place.

"I know! Where the hell have you been? Have you replaced me with a new bestfriend?" She mocks hurt and concentrates on the road.

I laugh.

No just falling for a guy whose intentions are not clear. Dear god.

"No how could i, you are the best" i give her a grin.

"Oh i know!" She flips her hair to the side and that's when i notice.

She has a love bite on her neck!

"Mia! Who the hell have you had sucking on your neck!" I laugh and she instantly goes red.

"Nobody its ... ugh theres no hiding it but if i tell you who you have to tell me something too" She looks serious and she indicates into the shopping mall.

"Sure" i nod. Honesty is key in our friendship.

"It's Adam Brown at the gym" She smiles instantly and i can see relief that she has told me.

"You've been having dirty gym sex haven't you" i laugh and playfully prod her as she parks the car.

"No! ... Maybe!" She shruggs and laughs back with me.

"I knew about it anyway!"

She looks shocked. Silly Mia.

"What? how!!!" She looks nervous.

"I just saw you texting him and there were hearts and stuff - is he coming tonight?"

"No he isn't - Anyway onto you. I am going to be blunt about this. Is Alex Reed the famous locker boy?"  She raises an eyebrow in question.

"Yes" i grin nervously

"And have you been speaking to him? Like speeeeaaking to him?" She has an excited glare in her eyes.

"Yes and no?"

"Ellie you realise he has never had a girlfriend? Don't get me wrong he has had flings with girls and he is definitely experienced from what i have heard but he has never showed interest in anyone properly so if he is you have a rare gem there" She nods at her own comment.

I instantly think of the flowers and the balloon and the teddy he won for me.
Maybe there is something there? I am just going to tell Mia everything.

"He wanted to Kiss me" i look at her and she almost chokes.

"Wait you have been together too? Like not just text?"

"He has taken me on drives and stuff and we went to the pier last night but please Mia do not tell Nathan" I grab her arm and she knows i mean it.

"Oh crap Nathan hates him!" She undoes her seatbelt and opens the car door. I follow her.

Not helping Mia.

"Wait, wait, Did you kiss?" She stops half way between the car and the door and turns to face me.

"No, i said i couldn't because of Nate" i shrugged.

At this moment Mia just bursts out laughing.

"You rejected the all famous Alex Reed that is brilliant! Anyway enough of boys, lets go find a dress or two!" She grabs my hand and drags me into the first shop of many.

———