Chapter 23

Alex's fingers are working their way up each button of my shirt and i feel like ripping it off over my head but I know he is enjoying himself too much.
I feel a strange feeling as his hands hover near my buttons covering my breasts but i find myself moving closer to him to remind him he is not the only one who wants this.
To my joy he continues to undo the buttons and slowly peels the top off my shoulders revealing a teal blue lacy bra which i am so happy i wore today.
Before we can get any further i hear a huge bang and we are left in darkness, i find myself jumping closer to Alex and he wraps his arms around me, we both get up and walk back to the dinner floor and look outside and to our shock we have been hit my a monsoon and the bang must have been a lightning strike.
I bring my shirt back up over my shoulders and fasten one button as we both head for the exit and Alex has thrown his top back on.
Even though we need to get out of here i am still not thinking straight.

"Lets get home El, lets go" he takes my hand and punches the code in to the wall before unlocking his truck. I run to the passenger door and let myself in and seconds later Alex joins me in the drivers side.

Now that the mood has changed it seems rather awkward as to what to say next.

"I meant what I said El, I really fucking like you" Alex leans down and leaves a soft kiss on my shoulder as though it is the most normal thing for us.

"Im glad" I give him a smile and he puts the truck into reverse and begins the journey home.

I grab my phone from the glove box and also turn Alex's back on and put it in the holder for him.

I turn my phone back on and my notification flashes up.

16 missed calls
8 new messages

11 missed calls from Nate
5 from mum

All messages are from Nate.
I find myself nervous to read them.

Where are you?

Why is your phone going to answerphone

If you don't reply by 8 we are calling dad

????

Ellie just let us know you are fine

I look at the time and its 7.46pm.

"Alex Im ringing my brother so please don't talk" I give him a kiss on the cheek and smile.

He nods and smiles back.

I dial my brothers number and he picks up instantly.

"Youre okay?"
"Yes i am fine, I was out with Mia i'm fine"
"Well i know that is a lie because Mia is just as worried as us and she is here too"

Fuck.
Busted.

"Im not getting into it, il be home soon"
I hang up the phone before he can say anything.

I feel my stomach drop but at the same time i feel Alex rest his hand on my leg and the tingles i get from that make this night so worth it.

Alex lost the fight and pulls into his drive. He wanted to drive me home but i know for sure Nate will be waiting at the door.

We are both now standing at the bottom of his drive.