Chapter 18

I thought it was going to be awkward but it has been about two hours since i accidentally spoke my mind and since then we have just been sat at the kitchen counter talking about the most random things.

"My mom likes you" Alex takes our empty cups and puts them in the sink.

"Well i'm glad she doesn't dislike me" I laugh and  watch him wash the mugs in the sink.

I just hear a chuckle from him. I feel so comfortable here.

I pull my phone out of the pocket of the jogger shorts i borrowed and checked the time.

Holy Fudge. It's midnight.

"Alex it's midnight!" Okay that was dramatic.

"Okay Cinderella calm yourself" He turns around with a towel between his hands drying a mug.

"A Disney reference? Really?" I raise an eyebrow

Alex rolls his eyes and grins before placing the two dried mugs and towels on the top. "I can walk you home"

I smile and nod as i jump down from the stool.

_ _ _

The night is warm, even after the monsoon we had earlier and it is quiet and peaceful walking home with Alex by my side.

We turn the corner onto the driveway of my house and there are lights on in the kitchen but there is no music booming through the walls.

I stop at the end of the drive and turn to Alex.

"Thank you for walking me home" I find myself shuffling awkwardly

"You're safe with me, i wouldn't let anything happen to you it's late." He shrugs and smiles softly

This is the awkward part because we never really make plans to text or hang out it kind of just happens so i never know what to say. My thoughts are interrupted by Alex.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He grins and waits for my response.

Okay well that sounds like a plan... does he mean at school or is he saying he wants to see me tomorrow? My mind is on over drive.

"Sure" I nod and find myself twisting the end of my hair. Ugh Ellie when did you become such a girl.

"Good, Goodnight Mouse" Alex steps forward and leaves a soft kiss on my forehead and turns to walk away.

I feel like i am floating but at the same time sinking.

"Goodnight Alex, Text me when you get home so that i know you are safe." I shout a little louder as he gets down the street

He turns around and nods before biting his lower lip slightly and walking off.

Holy sugar balls what is this boy doing to me?

I walk inside and kick of my converse at the door. I notice Nathans voice coming from the kitchen so i quickly run up the stairs and into my room so nobody see's the clothes I am wearing.

i feel my phone buzz and i pull it out.

I'm not home yet but i just wanted to text you.

I smile and quickly reply

Thank you for tonight Alex.

He reads it straight away and replies

Alex? no more "Reed"?

I laugh to my phone

You've been promoted.

Again i get an instant reply

I like when you call me Alex. I'm home now El, Got to sort out a few things for practice tomorrow, So i will say goodnight now. I had a good night tonight. See you tomorrow.

I smile at my phone and find myself looking down at the mouse in the corner of the room and before I know it the mouse is also promoted to my bed. 

Goodnight Alex. x

I plug my phone in to charge and go to my wardrobe and change out of the borrowed outfit and into my pj's. I place the clothes i borrowed folded in a  rucksack bag and put them next to my school bag.

_ _ _

Waking up the next morning i had butterflies in my stomach and i knew well and true that they were because of Alex.

I jump up and take care of business in the bathroom before shoving my hair up in a messy bun and wearing my ripped jeans with white converse and a grey hoody.

Really am rocking the casual look today.

As i am pulling my jumper over my head Nathan walks into the room and sits on my bed.

"Where did you end up last night Miss Invisible?" He cocks his head to the side.

"Oh i went outside for some fresh air and there was this girl outside who said she felt sick so i offered to walk her home" Wow Ellie you're good.

"Ah right, you're a star El, It was a good party but died down at around 11" He shrugs and stands up.

"You excited for Fridays game?" 

"I am, Just need to sort the team, Murphy and Edmond are slacking to be honest and it grinds me because they are the best players below me and Reed." He shakes his head.

Did he just compliment Alex?

"Did you just compliment the enemy?" I raise an eyebrow and he laughs.

"I can't deny he has talent El, He's just an ass. We just do not get along we wind each other up the wrong way." He walks towards the door

"Just gotta work through it for Friday, talent scouts will be watching." He really needs to focus on the game.

"I know sis, I'm off to school now, want a lift?" He shakes his car keys.

"Of course i do" I laugh and follow him through the door.

_ _ _

Due to the lift to school i got to my locker 10 minutes before the bell and so i decided to help myself by unloading my heavy bag into my locker and just grabbing what i need for my first lesson.

The halls are getting busier and i can hear lockers closing and opening all around me but what i notice the most is that the locker next to mine is open and a certain lush smelling boy wearing a leather jacket is standing next to me.

"Hey" He grins at me and i smile in return

"Hi" I feel my cheeks heat up as i place my final book into my locker.

The silence from then on was comfortable.

He looked at me as he closed his locker and gave me a wink before walking down the corridor towards the gym.

I watched him for a few seconds. Damn that body is something else.

Ellie get a grip of yourself.

"Hi stupid" My best friends voice pulls me back into reality.

"Jesus you came out of nowhere" I look to the other side where she is standing in her cheer leading outfit and her hair is in a high pony tail which is curled.

"I've been here long enough to see you completely check out Alex Reed as he walked down the corridor.

Busted.

"I was not!" Play it cool.

"You totally were, he isn't my type but i agree. He is a nice one to look at." She laughs and scootches her back up her shoulder.

"I wasn't looking at him and anyw-" Saved by the bell of first lesson. "Okay gotta go now, Bye Mia" I laugh and walk away as quick as possible.

I know Mia won't say anything about what i told her.

______________________