Chapter 5

A/N - This book was written originally by a younger me - I am in the process of slowly updating this book to become less cliche and typical 😂  You will love it all the same!

Saturday
Finally weekend

When i am running i feel free and my mind is clear - almost.

Alex Reed. Why is it that that boys name is stuck in my head and i can't shake it?

My brother hates him but that's only because of basketball and he is known as a player but he has not had a girlfriend for about 3 or 4 years if i can remember right. Why am i thinking about this?

Ugh Ellie get a grip of yourself.

I run down the stairs and grab my running shoes from the shoe rack and close the door behind me.

Sitting on the porch i tie my shoes in a double knot to avoid them coming undone while i'm running.

Putting my headphones in a listen to the top 40 songs - only because there is a lot of good beats to run to.

Heading up the road from my house i run along a little path that is covered by tall trees and turn left into a field which is an old abandoned football field, i like it here because i can do laps around the edges and time myself.

___________________

After 10 laps of the field i sit on the old benches and take a few sips of my water bottle i usually only do about 7 laps and yet i still want to run some more.

As i stand i feel my phone buzz in my shorts.

Do you ever stop running?

It's Alex

The feeling in my stomach is back as I look around for him but can't see anybody. The field is empty and surrounded by trees.

I'm sure he wouldn't be that much of a creep to hide in the trees.

But then I remembered the car park

On the other side of the old club house there is a small practice field with a car park. I walk around the club house slowly to see Alex and a few of his friends kicking a ball about on the field.

There is also a few girls sat at the side next to two cars and a bike which I know is Alex's.

Alex has his back to me so I use this time to go sit back down on the bench.

Do I ignore the text?

I don't want to be rude.

I type back a response.

Do you ever stop texting me?

I decide to run a little more around the field but this time I'm a little too distracted to time myself.

I feel my phone buzz again but I know for a fact if I check it while I run it's guaranteed i will fall flat on my face and that is something i do not want to do.

has he just double text me?

I shake my head and continue to run, as i am running up the side of the field i can see the small field in front of me and Alex and the group are all sat at the side laughing about something.

The feeling in my stomach turns to something deeper, are they laughing at me?

my phone buzzes again.

I look at Alex and he is on his phone and then, he looks up... right at me.

Oh god.

Do not fall. Do not fall.

I look away and turn the corner of the field so i am out of sight of him and come to a stop.

I pull my phone from my pocket and check my messages.

3.47pm - If it keeps me talking to you then I will never stop.

3.49pm - Maybe ill come running with you one day, keep you company. ;)

and a final message just now...

3.55pm - Want to go for a drive?

A drive? on his death trap of a bike?

Do i trust him enough for this?

Do i know him enough? What if he is trying to kidnap me?

I look at my fit-bit to check my steps. Well i have hit my steps target so getting a lift might not matter too much?

God Ellie DECIDE!

"Well?" I hear his voice and my heart stops as a jump around to face him.

He was wearing black jeans and a grey muscle t-shirt with white converse and a grey cap with his leather jacket in one hand.

I think my brain has stopped working enough to form a sentence.

"Well what?" Why why why am i playing dumb?

He looks almost shy. "Want to come for a drive? I'm bored and a need some decent company" he points back at the group with a boyish grin.

I can't help but smile.

"So you came to me? I suppose I can't say no then."

My response has him smiling instantly and it gives me a mad case of butterflies.

Before i can even say anything else and he grabs my hand and pulls me around the other side where the group is.

My hand is on fire. Holy crap.

"The hell Reed are you just magically making girls appear or what?" One of the boys who i know as Josh said.

"Shut up man" Alex laughs and leads me to his bike.

"Who is she?" I hear one of the girls who are sat on the grass say and I know her, Rosie the one who looks like she is trying too hard and i hear another of her friends mumble something.

Something about being near Alex gives me a confidence I never knew existed.

I walk away from Alex towards the girls and feel Alex's eyes on me.

"Hi Girls, No need to be shy, just ask if you want to know my name" I smile and move back away from them towards Alex as the girls look at me shocked. "My name is none of your business by the way"

This is not like me.

I look towards a shocked and amused Alex who is now sat on his bike "Ready ?" He laughs and passes me a helmet.

"Of course" I swing my leg over onto his death trap of a bike and yet i seem to have 100% trust in this boy.

I put the helmet on and fasten the clasp
"Then lets go" I hear Alex's voice on the intercom of the helmets.

"Wait... where do i put my hands?" I whisper and hear Alex chuckle.

He turns his head to the side to look at me and i see his piercing green eyes smiling away through his visor.

He grabs my arms and wraps them around his waist. Oh god. Butterflies.

"There, ready now" He jumps a little to boost start the engine and before i can even feel fear we are on our way.

Our way to where i don't know.

I may be on a motorbike but i have never felt safer.

What am i doing?