Chapter 6

Five whole minutes we have been driving and in all honesty i do not have a clue where we are going.

Peaking over Alex's shoulder i glance down at his hands on the handles - his grip was hard and controlled - it made me feel safe.

"Soo... where are we going?" I ask him over the headset in the helmet.

I can feel him chuckle under my hands that are on his stomach.

May i add that he has some hard as hell muscles under his shirt.

"Just to this diner I know, not far now" He slips down this side road which seems to be leading to a lake ahead, i have never been here before but it is beautiful.

"Oh cool! Are you buying? Because i was jogging - I don't have my purse" I laugh and feel Alex gradually slow down.

"Of course, I wouldn't let you pay for pancakes would i?"

Pancakes..

Alex pulls up in a parking bay outside this cute small diner that looks like something from a noughties music video.

He pulls off his helmet so i copy his actions and take mine off too. I pull my hair from my bobble and let my hair fall around my shoulders just as he shifts on the seat and looks back at me.
He stares at me for a second with a strange look.

"Are you okay with coming here with me?" He smirks.

"Of course i am" I climb off the bike and jump down to the floor and i hear a chuckle come from Alex.

"You're so small" He climbs off his bike with ease and hooks the helmets on each handle before taking the keys and shoving them in his pocket.

"Hey I can't help it!" I mean i am 5ft 3 and he must be well over 6ft.

He laughs "Come on" He walks ahead of me and holds the door open.

As i walk by he whispers in my ear and it gives me a shiver "You choose a booth"

I nod and walk to the left where there are 6 empty booths in a row and slump down into one of them and Alex walks to the diner bar.

This is crazy

What am i doing here?

With Alex who i don't even know too well?

I look up at him and he is speaking to a woman who is about 40 and she is smiling and shuffling with glasses which i am presuming will be filled with our drinks in a moment.

Alex hasn't asked what i want so i guess he is just going to order something random.

Alex glances my  way and locks eyes with me and for a moment I am stuck and being sucked into his eyes and his boyish grin that makes me feel all kinds of ways inside.

He looks away from me and says something to the woman that makes her smile.

He is a charmer.

Before i know it he is walking towards us with two milkshakes.

Strawberry Milkshake - my favourite.

This boy is guessing good!

"Hi" I smile up at him and he smiles back.

"Strawberry milkshake for you" He slides into the booth and pushes a milkshake my way.

"Thank you so much" I smile and take a sip through the straw.

Damn that is so good.

"So Ellie, how come you said yes to coming on a motorbike with an almost stranger to a Diner that you have never been to before?"

"How do you know i have never been before?"

"Because of the puzzled face you pulled when you looked at the lake and the smile you had when you studied the diner" He smiles and stirs his drink with his straw looking rather chilled out.

I smile at him. He notices everything.

"Okay, a question for you Reed. Why did you ask a random almost stranger girl to go for a drive with you when you had the choice of the other girls already with you?" I smirk and drink some of my milkshake.

"Girls like Rosie? Really? I wouldn't chose her over mouldy milkshake" He grins at me and i laugh.

"Pancakes with Nutella and Banana?" I look up to see the lady that Alex was speaking to holding a large plate of pancakes. i can feel my stomach waking up. That was quick service.

I look at Alex and he is still grinning at me with his perfect smile.

"Thank you" I say meaning to both the woman and Alex.

I take a sip of my drink with the straw.

"Thanks Mom" Alex smiles up at the woman who has but the plate on the table.

"You're very welcome" She smiles.

Mom!? I try with all my might to swallow the liquid in my mouth instead of doing a spit take all over Alex.

But now i am thinking... does he bring girls here all the time? To his moms diner where he can be cute and handsome to them all? Did he get all this for free? Not that it matters.

I study him but his grin seems so real and genuine.

Forget that thought.

I smile and pick up a Nutella and banana covered pancake.

"You sure do know how to spoil a girl" I take a bite of the pancake.

"I have never done this before" He shrugs and takes a bite of his own pancake.
He seems to be telling the truth.

We don't even know each other very well and suddenly he has my number and texts me and takes me on a drive to here?

Is this a game to get at my brother?

I really hope not.

___________________________

After giving Alex my address we are on our way back to town and back to my house to drop me off.

it's been silent and quite awkward on the way home.

I am just thinking about Alex dropping me off...

What if Nate see's us?

Again me over thinking it but what if this is the only reason Alex is dropping me home?

I can't cope with this.

Before i know it we are driving slow along my street and i can see Alex studying the number on each house until he gets to the one i told him.

Coming to a stop at my house i pull off my helmet and climb from the bike.

I turn to look at him as he takes of his helmet. He stays on the bike and props his helmet in his lap.

"Thank you, I had a good time and as soon as i get my wallet i will give you some money for the pancakes" I smile and he shakes his head.

"My treat - you can buy me ice-cream next time" He winks and sits up straight on his bike.

Next time?
There is going to be a next time?
I can't think straight.

"Sure" I smile and nod.

"I definitely chose the right company tonight." He grins

"I mean i am pretty great company" I shrug and giggle.

"Well i best be going- I'll see you around?" He asks me and messes with his helmet to get it into the right position for his head.

"You will." I smile at him and he places his helmet on.

I can see from his eyes that he is smiling.

He jumps up again to boost his engine as it comes with a roar. He mock salutes and drives off into the distance.

I step back a few feet before turning and walking towards the house.

What is happening to my life right now?

I check my fit-bit as i jog up the stairs to my room.

7.34pm?

Where has the night gone?