Chapter 15

"Chug, Chug, Chug, Chug" The loud chanting of the lads at the front of the house is almost deafening.

The party is well underway and i'm currently sat with Mia while she talks to Nate. I should be joining in but it is currently 8.56pm and I have not seen any sign of Alex.

I stand up and make sure my dress is flat and not crinkled.

Mia picked out an off the shoulder vertical striped dress and as she told me i am wearing red lipstick and my hair is curled with half up in a top knot.

I know for sure it is going to be cold outside so i grab my leather jacket from the closet under the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Mia looks up at me looking concerned

"Just getting some air, it's stuffy in here" I smile and walk towards the back garden door.

I slide open the door and there is nobody in the garden, the night is dry so i am able to sit on the chairs on the decking without messing my skirt up.

I look up at the stars and i can hear the music pounding inside but all of a sudden the music gets louder as i hear the sliding door open and close.

I keep my eyes on the sky and i am hoping that i hear the voice that i have been waiting for.

"Ellie"

and there it is. I feel a smile grow on my face as i look over at him and holy hell he looks good.

I have never seen him look so smart and gorgeous. His hair is pushed up and looks so soft and he is wearing dark skinny jeans and black converse with a white button up and like me he is wearing a leather jacket.

"Hi" I pat the seat next to me

"How did I know I would find you anywhere that people are not" a boyish chuckle escapes his lips. 

"I am happy in my own company" I grin and look out to the dark garden. 

"Yea, your company is great" He reaches over and places his warm hand on my cold leg and it sends a spark flying through my body.

I stay silent and look up at the stars once more. 

"El, I am sorry about the pier.. I realise now how it looked because I wasn't focussing on you but I saw some people from school and I know you didn't want an audience"

oh..

"I just don't know what to do Alex" I stand from the seat and walk a little further onto the decking to try in some way to get more air in my lungs. 

"Only you can answer that El, I'm not forcing anything" I feel his presence right next to me and in an instant it feels comfortable. 

Scarily comfortable. 

I am all too aware that from where we are stood we are in line with the doors to the house where people can probably see us. 

I turn around to face Alex and for a second my vision doubles slightly.

Before i can focus on anything i feel Alex's arm around my waist.

"Are you drunk El?" He seems to be calculating my face and his eyes are concerned and it instantly turns tense.

"No" I shake my head and i know for a fact that the only thing i am drunk on is my feelings for this boy.

"Okay good, you know... you look amazing but I miss the ripped jeans and converse look" He gestures down to my heels to confirm he has in fact checked me out

I feel a smile forming on my lips.

"Alex Reed who knew you were such a romantic" I grip his arms and smile.

"Want to go for a walk? I know this isn't really your thing" He nods towards the house.

He is so right.

It isn't my thing.