Fight or Flight

Nick's Pov

" I Absolutely Promise that you won't be arrested or tested on or killed, you'll be with me the whole time, I'll protect you myself if I have to, just please take my paw." I say trying to persuade him to trust me. Slowly he takes his paw thing out and reaches towards me..... Suddenly Hopps and more officers start to pour in.

"POLICE STOP RIGHT THERE!!" May Shouts, scaring both me and Tom. He must've really frightened Tom since he ran off like there was no tomorrow.

"THOMAS..... WAIT!" I scream running after him along with other officers. 'He's a fast one' I thought.

" Dispatch we've got a runner, 11-99." Judy says whilst running along side me.

"10-4, also Officers , when you catch the suspect bring it to Cliffside, no reason to bring it to the ZPD."

" 10-4 dispatch, may I ask why?" I questioned, curious.

"Ummm that's above you pay grade Wilde"

" Understood"

Thomas runs into the deep jungle. 'of course he does.' I think to myself , sighing we all bring our torches out and start to search the area. ' what are they going to do to him if we find him.' I got suspicious of what they were planning for him but its my job to find criminals so I carried on.

Thomas's Pov

Something about that foxes smile looks so comforting and warming, I take my hand out and I'm about to take his paw until.

"POLICE, STOP RIGHT THERE." Someone says and I absolutely panic, I was in my flight or fight situation and me not really being a fighter I sprinted as fast as I could away from them to the front door. I run right into it, flinging it open. 'good job they didn't lock it.'

"THOMAS..... WAIT!" I hear a familiar voice say behind me. I ignore it. ' I can't believe I almost fell for that stupid fox. Well that's the first and last time he's going to trick me.' I think to myself as I slowly run out of breath. I come across a really thick deep part of the jungle. "Perfect." I manage to whisper. Without any hesitation I run in and find the thickest part of bush possible and jump inside. Me being an animal lover I knew what animals could and couldn't do, not that it really applied to this world but I had my fingers crossed, so I picked up dirt and threw It all over me, so my scent couldn't be traced.

What felt like hours sitting in complete silence, I hear a branch snap right next to me, I gasp, big mistake, I slap my hand over my mouth and hold my breath. Ba-dump, ba -dump, ba dump. (these are meant to be heart beats so yeah XD) the leaves in front of me start to rustle. emerald green eyes meet mine.

"Found you"

Nick's Pov

I was starting to get tired of walking through really dense jungle, so I decided to call it a day until I stood on a branch, snapping it. I heard a little gasp In the bush next to me. I tip-toe towards the greenery and pop my head into it only to be met by green eyes similar to mine. "Found you" I say smiling. Thomas had dirt all over him, 'clever lad.' I think to my self. I was about to call him in, until I remembered the call with dispatch.

Flashback

"10-4, Officers, when you catch the suspect bring it to Cliffside, no reason to bring it to the ZPD."

" 10-4 dispatch, may I ask why?" I questioned curious.

"Ummm that's above you pay grade Wilde"

" Understood."

End Of flashback

What are they going to do to him? Will he survive? he's only a kid! I look at him again and see pure terror in his eyes. I reach for my radio and he starts to whimper.

" Dispatch, Officer Wilde here, over?"

"Go ahead Nick"

"No 10-20 (location) on suspect, returning to station"

"10-4"

Thomas looks at me with wide eyes. I wink at him. "I'll see you soon Tom." I say and walk off.

A/N

Awwww Nick feels sympathy for the boy. I think we have a start of a wonderful friendship in our hands. anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Kennedy out!!!