Dinner

Thomas's Pov

Heads from around the restaurant turn our way to see what the commotion was about. Eyes glaring at me from all directions, filled with disgust and confusion. Mumbles and whispers were heard amongst the crowd. "Daddy? What is that?"

"I don't know honey"

"It's scary!" A young elephant whimpers getting increasingly frightened. Nick speaks up. "It's ok everybody, just go about your business." I look at everybody, awkwardly smiling. Nick stops at a table and motions me to sit down. I do as I'm told and sit closest to the window with Nick sitting beside me, while Judy sits opposite us. "Right ok, Tom? What does your stomach desire?" Wilde asks with a grin. "uhhh what is there?" I reply, still a bit freaked out that I'm having a conversation with a fox. "Well what are you predator or prey?"

"Is that how you class citizens?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"Pretty much, I'm a fox as you can probably tell." I raise my eyebrow even higher. "So that makes me predator and Judy is a bunny so she is prey, MY prey." He says, winking at the rabbit making her go red. " Which means I eat meat and she eats fruit and that green stuff."

"They're called vegetables and not all of them are green." Judy corrects Nick.

"Yeah whatever Carrots, anyway uhhh.. oh yeah. Tom? How is your species classed in your world?" The unlikely couple look at me, waiting for an answer. "Well, we rule our planet so, Predators, I suppose"

"Ok let's get some mea..- I interrupt him

"But we do eat vegetables and fruit."

"Wow that's pretty cool if I do say so my self." Judy says.

"Can I just have some carrot soup....please?"

"Yes of course my friend." Nick beams, snapping his fingers to get the attention of a waiter.

"Yes Officers do you need something?" A stern looking bear waiter says, walking over to the table.

"Yes as a matter of fact I do, can I have a bowl of carrot soup please sir?"

"Yes Officer, it's not for that thing next to you is it?" He questions, throwing a cautious glance at me.

"Oh of course not, do you really think I would feed this creature?" Judy looks at Nick with rising anger. "It's just with us so we can keep an eye on it, I assure you." Nick says with no emotion. I look down in shame as the waiter smiles and walks off. I look at Judy who is about to explode, I get tapped on the shoulder and see Nick giving me a comforting smile, then he says. "Don't worry Tom, I didn't mean any of that. If I did say the soup was for you we would've had a big argument and probably got kicked out, so if I did cause any offence I apologise." I look at him, grabbing his paw then shaking it . "Apology accepted, Nick."

"Right now we've got that cleared up, lets get to know each other better shall we?" Judy says, her anger towards Nick disappearing.

"You guys are different. Why?"

"What do you mean, different bud?" Nick asks curiously.

"Well first off your a bunny and a fox but I'll get over that. The main thing is that you guys aren't interrogating me or being cruel to me...Why?"

"Well we are police officers so we're not cruel to people and just because we are cops doesn't mean we aren't animal." Judy says with little detail.

"I know that, your the friendliest animals I've met, everyone else here is really horrible to me but you two.. Why?"

"Well buddy, we think, no we know you'll get locked up and possibly tested on." Nick says.

"But it's your job to hand me in isn't it? why haven't you?"

"In Zootopia, anyone can be anything, so we don't see a reason for your mistreatment."

"Okay guys thanks a lot, I don't know how I'm going to repay you for this."

"There is no need, we are cops, we protect and serve, including new species." Nick says winking at me.

"Here is your food that you ordered earlier sir and also the new order of soup. " A waitress says, interrupting our conversation with plates of hot food in her paws.

"Thank you Ma'am."

"Okay Tom enjoy your meal. remember if your with us, no one will lay a finger on you, even Bogo." Judy said reassuringly.

"Well I'm sticking with you guys then. Wait who's Bogo?"

"Oh you don't want to know." Nick chuckles, taking a bite of his burger.