The Family Reunion

Thomas's Pov

I'm hiding in a hedge until I hear Zachary shout "Tom where are you?"

"Over here mate." I reply

"Your parents are waiting for your arrival."

"Actually I'm going to the toilet I'll be back in-" I get cut off by Zach yanking my tail. Damn you tail ,you failed me.

"Oh no you don't come on now or never."

"Never" I mumble

"Shut up." He says as he pull me through the front door and we stop at living room door. He motions me to stay so I do as I'm told. He goes through the door and closes it behind him. Not even a minute later I hear  "Tom you can come in now!" from the other side of the door. I hope to God this works. I open the door and enter the room, my head drooping very low with my ears flat on it. I hear two gasps, "That's a fox mate, a very large one at that." My dad says.

"Just stay seated Mr Bright don't worry he won't hurt you." Zachary reassures. " Come on Tom show them." To my parents surprise I go on my two feet with ease. "What the?" My Mum says, puzzled. I look at them both and smile, I then glance at Zach who is motioning me to speak. Oh Lord may God have mercy on my soul. "H-hello" I address. 

"Oh my God!" My mum shrieks getting behind my dad who is also scared. 

"No no you don't need to be afraid, it's Tom!" Zachary shouted, putting his hand out in front of my dad.

"Is it really?" My dad asks

"Yes it is dad." I reply.

"I don't believe you!" He exclaims.

"Dad come on how many talking foxes have you seen?" 

"None" He mumbles. My mother then walks up to me examining me. Oh sweet cheese and crackers. She looks me in my eyes. "Thomas is that really you?" She whispers.

"The one and only." I state with a warming smile. She then hugs me while crying, I return the hug. "I missed you."

"Ditto" I say on the verge of tears. I look over to my dad who is still looking at me with wide eyes. I detach from my mum to see him in my face. "I uhhh" I stutter, frightened. He suddenly hugs me. "Welcome home son." He croaked in-between sniffles. I again return the hug but this time completely crying my heart out.  "Don't worry Thomas we'll fix your problem" He whispers in my ear. "Oh and do we need a father and son talk yet, if you know what I mean, since you are nearly fifteen years old." He adds.

"Ewww Daaaaadd!!! Come on I've got other things on my mind!!" I shout, horrified.

"Ok ok I was messing with you but seriously we really do-" I cut him off not wanting to hear the rest of it.

"NO! Dad another time ok?" He just nods. "Alright good." I exhale calmly, knowing I don't have to talk about 'stuff' with my father. All four of us stand in the living room and just stay in silence not wanting to break it. well that was until Zachary spoke up. "What do we do now with all of Tom's foxy issues?" He asks.

"I don't know for now but we'll think of something don't worry." My Mother reassures. "But for now you must be tired Tom." I nod. "We'll ask you how you became a fox in the morning but rest is more important. Go on, you head off to bed now, love you Thomas." She beams.

"Ok and Love you too Mum and you Dad." I say giving a them both a big fox hug. I then also hug Zachary. "Thanks Zach for everything you've done." 

"No problem Tom, I'll see you all tomorrow!" He says, waving then disappearing out the front door. I run up the stairs and enter my bedroom, pouncing on the bed, going under the covers and falling into a very much needed sleep.