Question Time

Nick's Pov

I get into the car, holding the brief case full of the cure. Well at least I think it is. Tom jumps into the back and sits down patiently . I open the case and there is a gun and fifteen  little red pellets tucked in there. I lift the gun out and reload it, I then point it at Tom who just nods. " I hope this is the cure." I say before I pull the trigger, the pellet hitting his neck. Judy and I look at him with a bit of worry. He falls in the chair and starts groaning, then growling ,then baring his teeth at us. Oh no. "I'm just messing with you, hahaha." Tom sits up and laughs.
"Oh you, you.... Human." I say not wanting to swear.

"Well am I a human? No I'm not, well not anymore at least." He says casually.

"We're sorry we couldn't get to you in time." I say, guilt striking me.

"No problem Nick, you saved me back then so I'll let you off." He says winking.

"Oh and thanks for not killing and eating us Tom" Judy says from the driver's seat.

"I was going to kill you guys." Judy and I look at him, shocked at his words. "But I realised you two were my friends and I can't kill my friends." Judy smiles while I hug Tom. The car starts.  "Right Nick you start a call with dispatch and warn them." Judy demands. 

"Yes Mom." I say like a 5 year old, Tom chuckles.

"Oh shut it Wilde, there are people in danger so come on let's get to it!" She says, seriously. I grab the radio. "Officer Wilde to dispatch, over?"

"Nick? Are you okay, we haven't heard from you for hours! Where's Hopps?" Clawhauser exclaims over the radio. Were we really in there for hours? Judy snatches it from me.  "Don't worry Ben I'm here, we have some bad news for you though." She states handing the radio back to me. "Bellwether is back and she Is on her way to the ZPD to infect everyone there."

"Don't worry Wilde, we can deal with a gun and a few savages."

"No you don't understand, its not a gun she is using, it's gas!"

"Oh that's new. Ok Thanks Officers, please get here as soon as possible." 

"10-4 We are already on our way." I reply, I then place the radio back down.

"You know my dad is a cop." A voice says behind us. 

"Really? I never got to ask, what's it like in your utopia?"

"Well it's far from a utopia I can tell you that." He replies.

"What do you mean?"

"Well everyone has there own opinion about everything basically, we even argue about pointless things like if the Earth is round or flat. WHO CARES? As long as we can live on it, I don't care if it's a dodecahedron!" He laughs.

"Earth? Is that what's its called?"

"It is indeed."

"Interesting" I say, wondering what this 'Earth' is like.

"What about the Police?" Judy asks, joining in.

"What about them?" Tom replies.

"Are they like our police force? Just not animals."

"Well yeah, your wearing what we would call American police uniform." 

"American?" Judy questions

"Yeah it's country well it's called America, if your from there you are American."

"So are you American"? I ask.

"No, I'm From England so I'm-" He gets interrupted by Judy.

"Englandcan?" She guesses. Tom laughs.

"No not quite."

"English?" I take a guess.

"Well done Nick, gold star for you." Tom chuckles." How did you get that?" 

"Well what can I say? I'm a sly fox." He says winking at me.

"What are the Police like in England?" Judy asks.

"Well they are in different uniforms and they don't have guns, only tasers."

"Tasers?" I ask, curious.

"You don't know what a taser is? Oh If we get out of here and I get home, I'm soooo gonna tase you." Tom says rubbing his paws together.

"Yeah that is if we can get out of this mess." Judy states, as we pull into the ZPD.