Taken

Nick's Pov

" Run Tom and don't look back, I will find you, I promise, NOW GO!" I shout at the young human. With fear and worry written all over his face he runs down the road, Officers McHorn and Trunkaby gave chase after him. "Wilde" a voice says near me. I turn to the source of the sound, Chief Bogo, raising his hooves in a placative manner. "Put it down." He said, his face softening with patience. I look down at my paws to see a dart gun gripped there. I cautiously tuck the weapon in it's holster. " Right Wilde, calm down."

"Yes sir, sorry sir."

"Good, now come with me to the station." The Buffalo said walking to his car.

"Where's carrots?" I question.

"Right here Nick, don't worry." Judy said, in the back of Bogo's police car

"Phew, ok." I say in relief. I get in to the back of the car and both of us stay quiet for the entire journey back to the ZPD. the car pulls into the parking lot and stops. We get out of the car and follow the Chief inside his office. He sits on his chair and motions us to do the same. Judy and I sit there, waiting for the Buffalo to shout his horns off. Just as he was about to speak, Officer McHorn ran into the room and exclaimed. "Chief Bogo Sir? the unidentified mammal has been taken." I was about to speak but Judy placed a finger on my muzzle, shaking her head lightly. "By whom?"

"We're not sure Sir but it's not us." The Rhinoceros replies

"How do we know it's been taken?"

"Well by this Sir." McHorn says, handing a piece of paper with words scribbled on it to Bogo.

"Ok thank you McHorn, you may leave now." The Rhino nods in acknowledgement and leaves. "Right you two, I was going to fire you both but since this thing has been taken, I would like you two to find it."

"Ok I've had enough Bogo, the 'unidentified mammal' is in fact a human and his name is Thomas Bright." I snapped.

"Ok Wilde, you seem to have a connection to this human. Any reason why?"

"Well Sir I helped him and instead of taking him in and forcing him to answer questions I had a chat with him and he opened up. He says he from a different world, Earth."

"Earth? Ok Wilde you find him and you bring him in, you too Hopps, and we'll do your approach towards him."

"Yes Sir." Hopps and I both say together as we walk out the office.

"Don't worry Nick we'll find Thomas. You really must like him huh?"

"It's just every time I look in his eyes I see a helpless young boy who is scared for his life and wants to go home... and I just want to help him get there."

"You know Nick, I'm probably going to regret saying this but you have a heart of gold."

"Thanks Carrots." I smile at the adorable bunny.