Bogo

Nick's Pov

As I eat the final chunk of my burger and wipe my mouth, I look at Judy who is playing a game on her phone, and I then finally turn to Tom who was crying silently in his paw-like things. "Tom? Buddy, what's wrong?" I ask, worried. He shakes his head and says a muffled "Nothing." Judy notices the crying human and her ears go down in distress. "Hey Tom are you okay?" She says, glancing at me with a sympathetic look in her eyes. " Yeah, I'm fine." He replies still hiding in his paws. " No you're not, you're crying your eyes out in your paws."

"I guess you're right Judy, also these are called hands." Tom states, waving his 'hand' in my face.

"Okay I'll keep that in mind, but please tell me what's wrong. We don't bite, well,Nick might." Judy laughed. I glared at her with a 'really? come on' look. Thomas finally sat up and faced us both, with tears in his eyes. I rest my paw on his shoulder. " Please, what's wrong?" I said with sympathy and seriousness laced in my voice. He sighed in defeat and wiped his eyes, he then stuttered " I'm not going home, am I?" Both mine and Judy's ears fell flat to our heads.

"Of course you are!!" Beamed Judy. Clever bunny, let's keep the spirit up.

"Yeah, what kind of Cops would we be if we didn't look after you and get you home?"

" The average Cop."

"Well as you can see we aren't 'average Cops' are we?"

"Well..... no, you're not." Tom giggles, his mood increasing. "But the average citizen fears the intruder and I'm the intruder."

" Don't say that Tom, you have every right to be here,. Just because your different doesn't mean we have to treat you differently!" Judy snaps then gasps. I look around to see faces filled with fear and betrayal. " I knew you were with that thing so I..." A chef starts but gets interrupted by a loud blip of a siren from outside, our heads turn to see the majority of the ZPD outside. "Oh sweet cheese and crackers." Judy exclaims ready for conflict. I grab Tom and push him against my body wrapping a protective arm around him. " Stay with me Tom."

Thomas's Pov

"Stay with me Tom." Nick whispers in my ear as I'm wrapped in his arms. I peek outside and spot a Cape Buffalo In police uniform, golden stars on his collar, a name tag on his right side saying ' Bogo'. The Bogo Buffalo grabs a megaphone and shouts " Wilde, Hopps hand over that creature and I might consider letting you keep your jobs." He says with a thick British accent. I panic and start hyperventilating. Nick notices this and pulls me closer and whispers. " Don't worry Tom your not going anyway where." Judy walks up to the buffalo, tiny compared to him. "Chief Bogo please listen, this is Tom and he's a human." She says gesturing to me. "Okay Hopps, Prison will be the judge of that."

"WHAT??!!" Nick and Judy shout simultaneously.

"All new species have to be contained"

"What! Why?" Judy exclaims.

"I don't make the laws, I just enforce them and so should you two." Chief Bogo says without emotion. " So do your job and hand him over." As he says that two rhinos both in police uniform come towards us with a leash and a muzzle. One Cop grabs Judy and restrains her. Other Cops walk mine and Nick's direction. Nick then let's go of me and stands in front of me with his dart gun drawn. " Run Tom and don't look back, I will find you, I promise, NOW GO!" He shouts. I Sprint down the road and I can hear louds stomps of elephants and rhinos chasing me. I run and run hoping to get away. The footsteps behind me get quieter and then die down, I run into a dark alley. I sit down beside a dumpster and try to control my breathing. I hear a helicopter so I decide I should carry on running, I get up on my feet and am about to run out of the alley but I'm stopped by a dart slamming into my neck, I take it out and start to wobble. " N-nick help." I whisper, as I collide with the cold hard floor. The last thing I see is two animals walking towards me, but not in police uniforms. I then fall unconscious.