A Farewell

Thomas's Pov

"Where do you come from?" The Chief of police asks me from across a table in a cold room with a mirror on the wall next to me, presumably a one-way mirror.

"Earth." I reply.

"Earth?" Could you spell that out for me?"

"Yes Sir, E-A-R-T-H."

"Ok." He writes down notes on a sheet of paper. "Now tell me Thomas, Why are you here? Are you here to invade us? Enslave us? KILL US?" He raises his voice, losing his temper for no reason. The door opens and Nick emerges out of it. "Ok Chief I got this, no need to get aggressive." The buffalo just grunts in response and stomps out. "Ok Tom, sorry about that, anyway I am going to ask you some questions is that ok?" Nick says, sitting in the chair where Bogo was.

"Your not going to shout at me are you?"

"Hahahaha no of course not. Now why are you here?" The fox asks, serious

"I don't know why, I just got here by accident." I answer honestly

"Ok do you remember how you got here?"

"Well before all this I remember picking up a ZPD badge in my world, then I took it home, cleaned it and put it on as a joke but that's when I woke up here."

"Ok do you know what this badge looks like? Is it like mine?" He says flashing his badge.

"Yeah just a normal police badge though It fell off me when I was running from you." I Mumble, a bit embarrassed.

"Ok no problem." He takes his radio out and says "Hey Clawhauser did anyone find a stray badge in the Rainforest District when we were looking for the unidentified species ?"

"What? A police badge?"

"Yes Ben."

"Well Officer Wolfard did find a badge when he was patrolling not too long ago."

"Ok thank you Ben."

"No problem Nick!"

Nick puts his radio back on his chest and looks at me. "Right ok Tom that must be it."

"I hope so mate."

"Ok let's get you out of here shall we?"

"Yeah let's." We walk out of the room and Chief Bogo is there tapping his hoof.

"Did you question him Wilde?" He snaps.

"Yes Chief, it turns out he is here by accident and he just wants to go home. And no Chief he doesn't mean any harm."

"Ok good, carry on." I salute him and carry on walking with Nick. We arrive at Clawhauser's desk and the Cheetah is still eating donuts! Man does he ever run out? "Hello Ben where is this said badge?"

"Oh here you go." He says with a mouth full of donuts, he lifts his paw from under the desk and a gleaming badge appears from underneath.

"Oh my God, that's it!" I whisper-shout.

"Ok thanks Clawhauser." Nick says taking it from his paw. I then follow Nick to roll call. Many Officers are already in there such as Judy and Bogo and others. "Ok Tom put this on and do your magic and we'll see if it works." He says handing me the badge with a sad smile.

"Ok thanks Nick." I put it on, close my eyes and say what I said that got me here in the first place. " Officer Bright reporting for duty!!" I don't dare open my eyes, not yet, not until Nick says I'm stuck here for ever. Silence. I open my eyes slowly, expecting to see the ZPD in my face but no "Am I in my bedroom? OH MY GOD I AM!!" I squeal in excitement. I look at my self only to find I'm still a fox "Damn! Oh well I was ugly anyway!" I chuckle to myself not caring about my problem. " Wait I didn't say goodbye! Officer Bright reporting for duty!!" I close my eyes and then open them and see I'm in roll call again only with no one in it. "Oh my God this is so cool. I know what I'm doing if I forget to do homework!" The door opens and I see Nick's head. "Tom? I thought you left. Why have you come back?" He questions me.

"I wanted to say goodbye and thank you." He gives me puppy eyes then gives me a big bear hug and starts to tear up.

"Aww it was an honour to meet you Tom and your very welcome!!" He says crying. I start to cry as well.

"Oh Nick I hope to see you again soon, I won't forget you buddy." I sniffle, still hugging him.

"Ditto my friend."

"Well goodbye Officer Nicholas Wilde, its been a great adventure." I manage to say, stepping away from him and saluting him. He salutes back. " Officer Bright reporting for duty!!" I'm in my bedroom again. Ok ummm now what do I do?