Chapter one: A day in the life of Castiel Novak

Castiel (POV)

I woke up too my alarm clock ringing and a bright light blaring through my bedroom window. I groaned loudly as i knocked my alarm to the floor while trying to turn it off and got up out of  bed to pick it up.

7:30am

"CAS! WAKEY WAKEY TIME FOR BAKEY!" Shouted Gabriel through the doors.

"That doesnt even make sense!" I shouted back rubbing my eyes.

"Sure it does!" He bursts into my room with a freshly baked batch of lemon drizzle slices.

"...Why?" I knew there was no point asking as Gabriel and his twin brother Balthazar get up to all sorts of random antics but i had to know.

"Zandriel got us up earlier cause she fancied baking and she knew we would be the only ones who would agree on doing it with her." He grinned broadly before chucking me a slice and walking out the door and across the hall to Anna's room.

"ANNA! WAKEY WAKEY TIME FOR BAKEY!"

"PISS OFF GABRIEL!"

"Meanie!"

I slammed the door shut trying to block out the noise and started to get dressed. Black trousers. Check. White dress shirt. Check. Blue tie. Check. Trench coat. Ch- huh?

"Z!!" I screamed at the top of my voice.

"What?" i heard Zandriel shouting back.

"WHERES MY TRENCHCOAT!?"

"DOWN HERE MARDY BUM!"

I groaned and slipped on some plain black socks before heading down the grand stairs of my older sisters huge mansion. I always wondered what her adoptive father used to do as a living before he died but whenever anyone would ask she would just change the subject. Me and my siblings tended to not ask anymore about it seen as if she wanted us to know she would have told us.

"Here you go." Zandriel was holding my tan coloured coat out to me smiling kindly. "You looking forward to moving up to my year at school?"

"Ergh, not really. I dont understand why i just couldnt stay in my year?" I knew why, it was because i was too clever to be in my year so got boosted up to Senior year from Freshman, missing out Sophomore all together. (Im really sorry guys, i dont really know the American school system that much cause im English- if this doesnt make sense please tell me and correct me!)

"Cas, you'll be fine!" Z exclaimed throwing her hands in the air.

"Easy for you to say!" I groaned. "You're popular and people actually like you. Plus you didnt have Lisa and Crowely spread around the whole school the fact about your sexuality!" Even though both Crowely and Lisa where 2 years above me, they had both made my life a living hell from the moment i moved to that school.

"I'll sort them out if they say anything."

"No." I say, "I think it's best of they stay not knowing that we are related." I shrug my shoulders and walk in to the kitchen to grab the car keys.

"Cas..."

"Sh!" I smile at her. "It's fine, I can deal with Crowley and Lisa. I have done for years. I'll take Gabe, Balth, Uriel and Raphael. You take Anna. She's moody in the morning and you guys look good in the lamborghini" She laughs and nods her head before running upstairs and making Anna get a move on.

"COME ON GUYS!" I shout to the others who all come clambering around the bottom of the stairs.

"Stop bossing us around cas, you may be in Senior year now but we are still older!" Balth says rubbing my already messed up hair.

"And you guys still can't drive." i laugh shoving him aside and going out the front doors.

"Cheeky!"

*At school*

"See ya Cas!"

"Have a great day in Senior classes!"

"Bye loser!"

I got a bunch of goodbyes off all my brothers before they ran off to join their friends. I sighed and leaned against the large land rover which Z bought to fit a lot of us in. Just then a bright red lamborghini screeched into the school parking lot and parked just a few cars down from mine.

"Bye Z! Thanks for the ride" I heard Anna say as she bolted out of the car and off too her friends.

"Don't forget your- oh forget it. She's gone." I hear Z rage before grabbing her bag out the trunk. She caught my eye contact, smiled and was about to come over until...

"Z! Hey girl!" I gipped as the sound went straight through me. Lisa. I turned on my heel and walked away before her and her little posse caught me. But before i did i looked at the group and saw there was a new member of the 'preppy' group. A tallish blonde boy wearing a dark leather jacket and dark jeans. He took a cigarette up to his mouth and lit it.

"Great." i groan. "Another dumb jock." i stalked away, bag on my back into the old fashioned prison i called school.

*In class*

I got to my first class early as to try and not get noticed by the rest of the class when they came in but to no avail.

"Ergh, what are you doing in my class faggot." I smelled Crowely before i heard his annoying british accent or saw him. "Hey i was talking to you." I got a shove in the shoulder from him.

"L-leave me alone Crowely." I say quietly as to not attract any attention from the rest of the class but it was too late, they were all looking.

"Aw, baby going to cry?" This earned a few chuckles from around the classroom. "Seriously. Why are you here?" He scoffed.

"I moved up a couple of grades." I squeak, not daring to look up. Before Crowely could say anything else Zandriel walks in to class followed by a bunch of her 'friends'. Notice the quotation marks. Truth is Z doesnt actually like anyone, she just puts up with them.

"Hey there gorgeous!" Crowely calls winking at my sister. My knuckles clenched but i couldnt exactly do anything about it. First i was weak and second none of them knew that i was her little brother.

"Get bent Crowely" Zandriel sighed as she sat in her chair. The class chuckled as Crowely went bright red. Positive aspect of having a popular sister; she couldnt completely destroy the arseholes... pardon the pun.

The rest of the day went by without much incident, couple of kids knocked my books out of my hands. nothing new there. Couple of kids knocked me over. Nothing new there however i did see Gabriel punch a guy in the face at lunchtime which was pretty eventful.

Note to self: ask why
Note to self again: Actually don't ask why, you wont get a straight answer.
Note to self one more time:

Ask Balthazar instead.

"Why did you punch a guy in the face?" I asked Gabriel as we were driving back home. Damn it. I need to take closer looks at my Notes.

"Why not?" Gabriel grinned.

"Balthazar. Why did Gabriel hit a guy in the face?" I asked the more mature twin which was the better plan all along.

"Bullying some really tall new kid."

"He wasn't tall! He was perfect." Gabriel said dreamily and we all looked at him with shock spread across our faces. "What? he was!" He exclaimed before popping a lollipop in his mouth.

"He looked like a moose Gabe." Balthazar sighed

"Yeah so? Maybe i have a thing for Meese."

"What's a Meese?" I asked curiously

"NO! STOP IT! MEESE IS NOT THE PLURAL FOR MOOSE. THE PLURAL FOR MOOSE IS MOOSE! FOR GODS SAKE!" Balthazar shouted through clenched teeth

"But i thought it was like goose and geese?" Gabriel said sadly.

"Well its not." I started laughing at my brothers banter and rolled my eyes. Nothing new there.

Authors note: WOO end of chapter one. I know its starting a bit slow but i need to introduce you to the characters first before i start going into the main plot. Let me know what you think! :-)