Chapter 11 - the letter

Castiel (POV)

I sat in bed next to Danny thinking about Dean Winchester. I never really got over him from three and a half years ago. He had sent me a picture a couple of weeks after he left and that was the last I ever heard from him. I was looking at the picture now. It was one that Zee had taken on his phone the last time we saw each other when we had kissed. His hand was on my arse and the other on the back of my neck. We were both smiling into the kiss and in the background you could see Lucifer grinning evilly. It was his fault it happened so no wonder why he was so proud of himself. I looked at the back of the picture where Dean had written me a message which I had read so much I almost knew it by heart.

Dear Cas,

I can't begin to explain how much I miss you bro. I found this picture on my phone and decided to print it off and send it too you, something to remember me by eh? Listen, I know what you're like and I don't want this to get you down but I don't think there is much of a chance that we will ever meet each other again. But that's okay Cas, you don't need me. All you need is a bit more confidence and you will be fine. Don't take any more shit from anyone and just be yourself.

I want you to find someone really special to you and be with them Cas. Let them make you happy, you deserve to be happy. You deserve everything good to happen to you because you are an amazing person.

Love you Cas, never change.

Dean-O. Aka squirrel. I still don't know why zee called me that...

I sniffed and put the picture back under my pillow where it belonged. Never change he had said, too late for that but I had done everything else he asked of me. I'm more confident and I had found plenty of people that made me happy, even if it wasn't for a long period of time. I sighed and rolled out of bed, I hopped in the shower and washed myself off from last night. Do I even need to tell you what happened? No I don't think I do.

After my shower I walked downstairs with just a towel round my body. I walked into the kitchen and there he was like he is every morning. Every morning this week he had been sat in the same place reading the paper. I smiled and went to go sit by him.

"Morning Cas." Dean said not looking up from his paper.

"Good morning Dean." I loved saying that every morning. It made me imagine that I was saying it to Winchester. I smiled at the thought and he looked up at me.

"What's got you so cheery this morning?" He asks grinning.

"Nothing. Was just thinking." I mumble pouring a drink of orange juice.

"What ever you say Cassie." I roll my eyes and take a sip out of my drink. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't attracted to Dean. I mean If I got with him I be the would be amazing in bed and at least it wouldn't matter if I said Dean Winchesters name as I've done so in the past because they have the same name!

"Seriously what are you thinking about?" I hear Dean say curiously which snaps me out of my imagination.

"Oh nothing, just what you would be like in bed." I say smirking at him and he blushed bright red and looks back down at his newspaper coughing awkwardly.

"O-oh." He stutters which makes me grin even more. I start laughing and he glares at me. "Not funny."

"It was a bit." I stand up. "And I wasn't lying either." I whispered in his ear before walking out of the kitchen and upstairs to get changed.

Dean (POV)

What the fuck?! Did he seriously just say that?! He did! He really fucking did! I couldn't believe what he had said to me. When I told him he needed more confidence this wasn't really what I had in mind. Was it wrong that it turned me on a bit? No. No Dean. You are not turned on by that. Okay maybe I was a bit but anyone in their right mind would be!