Chapter 5 - Confessions of a drama queen

Castiel (POV)

When I got back home I had the whole confrontation planned out in my head. Dean was beside me, saying that he wanted to be there with me if things got a little heated, and even though I said I didn't want him to come I was still glad he was there to comfort me.

"Zandriel." I say when I walk into the house then into the living room where she and all my other brothers and sister were sat all doing there own thing.

"Hang on a sec Cas, I'm on the phone." She says before putting the phone back to her ear. I was feeling a bit confident so I snatched the phone away from her and hung up. "Oi! What was that for?!" She looked shocked.

"I need to speak with you." I say professionally.

"Why so serious?" She said in a joker voice and grinned.

"Z... Are you part of the mafia?" I say quickly not taking my eyes away from hers. Her face instantly dropped and her eyes narrowed.

"Cas..."

"No. It's a yes or no answer." There was silence from a moment. I could feel all eyes on the both of us and the tension in the room building by the second.

"Yes." The answer was so quiet I wasn't quite sure of I heard correctly. But the look on her face told it all. There was shame mixed with sadness I'm her eyes.

"Who are you? I feel like I don't even know you and our whole brother-sister relationship is a lie. How could you not tell us?" I said tears springing to my eyes and a knot forming in my stomach at the utter disappointment.

"Cas, I didn't choose this life." She sighed and stood up from the sofa. "Pa was the leader of the mafia and he needed an 'heir' I suppose you should say. Him and his wife couldn't have children and when she died he said he would never take another woman. So he decided to adopt a boy..."

"You're a girl." I say bluntly.

"Would you let me finish my story? God you're so impatient. Anyway, as I was saying he wanted to adopt a boy. He wanted to adopt Lucifer but I wouldn't let him and made him take me instead- not wanting you guys to be split up from each other."

"Leader of what mafia? You said he was the leader of the mafia- which mafia?"

"The whole mafia." Her words shocked me and I looked at Dean. We were both thinking the same thing.

"You're the godfather of godfathers?!" I shouted.

"The godfather of godfathers? Ha, I like it. I'm gonna say that one in my next meeting." Z laughed but stopped when she saw the look of disgust on my face.

"You've killed people Z." I say quietly, not wanting to even look at her now but unable to take my eyes off her.

"No. I have never killed anyone in my life." She explained seriously.

"But the mafia..."

"Look, the mafia in the films isn't like the mafia in real life Cas. Sure it's violent and we lie and take money of people but... Wait that's exactly like the mafia in the movies." She contradicted herself. I grunted and gritted my teeth. "I have never killed anyone." Her words were final.

"You're the boss of the mafia?" Gabriel asked speaking up for the first time. Z turned to him and nodded sadly. "AWESOME!" The twins said at the same time and high-fived each other.

"No! Not awesome. How could you not have told us?!"

"Because you would have acted like this obviously." Zandriel gave an exasperated sigh.