Chapter 13 - i cant do this

Dean (POV)

I don't know what the hell came over me. I was standing in the shower thinking about the night before and wondering why the hell I let him do this. I heard shouting from downstairs and then a slam from the front doors. I quickly hopped out of the shower and got changed. I walked into the kitchen to find Zee and Cas talking but they both stopped when I walked in.

"Morning Deano." Zee snickered and I blushed bright red taking a glance at Cas who was grinning at me.

"Morning." I mumble grabbing two slices of bread and popping them into the toaster.

"So... What did you do last night?" Zee asked before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Shut up." I say pouring a drink of coffee.

"Whatever, I gotta go sort something out so I'll see you two love birds later." She laughed before walking out the kitchen. With that Cas came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waste.

"Morning." He sighed.

"You too."

"Are you alright?"

"Not really."

"Why?" He said quickly looking at me worriedly

"You have a boyfriend Cas."

"Not anymore I don't." He snickered. "He heard us last night." I groaned and turned back around so I could butter my toast.

"I feel so bad." I say honestly.

"Ah he'll be fine." Cas shrugs and I roll my eyes. "Now me and you can be together."

"No Castiel." I say and he takes his arms away from my waist.

"Why?!"

"Because how do I know that you won't do the same to me as you did to him."

"You're such a hypocrite! There were two people there last night Dean!"

"Yes I know and we shouldn't have done it!" I snap and he looks generally hurt. "Look I'm sorry but how do I know I can trust you"

"Let me prove it too you." He says and I shrug.

"How?"

"I don't know!" I sighed and rub my forehead

"I can't do this Cas." He looks really upset and all I want to do is put my arms around him and tell him everything is going to be okay, but I know I can't do that. I don't like what he has become, and he needs to change.

"Please." He begs. "I've only ever felt this way about one other person in my whole life!"

"Who?" I ask tilting my head slightly

"His name was Dean Winchester. We went to school together." I coughed awkwardly but he carried on. "He was a jock and I was a nerd, we shouldn't have even been friends. But he wasn't like the rest, he was kind and strong. He never was really bothered about me being gay an he stuck up for me when the bullies called me names."

"You were a nerd?" I laugh trying to make it all sous real. He grins at me.

"Yeah. Hard to believe right?"

"Just a bit."

"Anyways, he knew I was in love with him but he wasn't gay. And even though he knew he never treated me any differently, he was perfect. And you remind me so much of him! Please stay with me." He whispers clinging on to my jacket.

"Will you promise that you will never cheat on me Cas?" I asked solemnly and he nodded. "Say it."

"I promise Dean." He whispers and hugs me round the waist. I hug him back and breathe in his scent. He smells of mint and cigarettes which was a brilliant combination. I gently lifted his chin up and kissed him lightly. I could feel him grinning into the kiss and I couldn't help but grin back. I finally had my Castiel, even if it wasn't the same one I left all those years ago I still had him.

Yet the worst was yet too come. He still didn't know who I was and I didn't know how he was going to react when he finally found out. Would he be happy? Would he be angry that I lied to him? Probably both.

Authors note: sorry this chapter is so short but it's sort of a filler. Anyway hope you enjoyed :)