Chapter 3 - Baby in a Trenchcoat

Castiel (POV)

"I'm Dean. Dean Winchester." The boy with the bright green eyes told me. I just stated at him, unable to come up with another sentence to his statement. "Erm... Is something wrong?" He asked me with a grin that didn't quite make it to his mouth.

"Er... Well... I- i - erm" I stuttered stupidly. I was getting hot on my neck and going red in the face out of embaressment.

"hey hey, chill out okay." Dean laughed shaking his head slightly.

"I am chilled out!" I snapped turning my head to face the front of class with a pouted lip.

"Ok ok, sorry." The boy next to mumbled and turned his head away looking at the front as well. This is not going well. What is wrong with me? He is only trying to be nice. I sighed and put my head on the desk.

"Castiel!l I heard the teacher shout and my head shot up quickly. "Have you been listening at all to the lesson?"

"Yes." I squeaked and I heard harsh quiet laughter from around the room.

"Oh really? And what are we learning about exactly?" I looked around the room horrified to find that all eyes were on me including a pair of beautiful bright green eyes.

"W- well.." A lump was caught in my throat and white spots blinding my vision.

"I accidentally knocked him out so he doesn't know." Said Dean from beside me. I looked at him with confusion written all over my face. "Yep, he annoyed me so much so I punched him I'm the back of the head and he passed out."

"Nice one!" Crowley laughed from the other-side of the room. Dean shot them a grin and looked back at the teacher with a smug look written all over his face. I was so confused, looking at the teacher, to dean and then back at the teacher.

"Mr Winchester! We do NOT tolerate bullying in the school. Go to the principals office this instant!" Dean sighed and got up out of his seat. When he walked past Crowley and his pack of demons they all patted him on the back, laughing. I looked down at my fingers, confused and wondering why the hell Dean had said he punched me when he didn't. It didn't make any sense.

Dean (POV)

I honestly didn't know why I did that. I suppose I felt sorry for the poor guy. He looked like one of those kids who had never been told off in his life. Great, now I was gonna get detention because of a guy that I've only just met! I was quickly at the principals office but I didn't go in. What was the point? Instead I turned left and went out of the front doors of school. I lit up a cigarette and leaned against the wall of the school. The school bell suddenly rang and students piled out of the school, going to their next class.

"Dean?" I was broken out of my trance by a small voice coming from the side of me.

"Oh hey." I say to the small blue eyed kid. "Or should I not say that in case you shout at me again." I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm sorry about that. It's just- it's just that no one really talks to me and you being a stupid jock and everything..."

"Woah! What?!" I shouted, annoyed.

"No! No I didn't mean it like that-"

"Just stop." I say cutting him off and walking away. I had had enough of these stupid names that people put on others. Stupid jock, slag, nerds. Well I may be a 'stupid jock' but at least I'm not a nerd like that stupid blue eyed boy.

"Dean wait!" Castiel was trying to catch up to me but kept tripping over his overly large coat. God he was like a baby in a trench coat. I stopped suddenly and he ran right into me. "Ouch."