First school day.

The Sun Kingdom, a beautiful land of green forests filled with flowers, light, and warmth. On the only hill stood the majestic city of light. White and gold its walls and buildings, reflecting the light of their god. Statues of white angels protected the city gates and watched over the sun's lands. Prince Jungkook had to say goodbye to all of that today. His last couple of days in his beautiful kingdom had ended and he was on his way to The Middle Zone. He was the most upset about leaving his best friend behind. Eldor the horse keeper promised the prince that Apollo would have enough outside time but the prince knew it wouldn't be the same as their morning rides. He will miss them as well for sure in his morning class. In his carriage, he was coming close to The Elements school.

Upon arriving, he was surprised to see that he was one of the first. Those who had already gathered on the school grounds seemed shocked seeing him here. The young prince didn't get bothered with it. He found a nice low wall that separated the school walk-in from the grass and sat on it, enjoying the warmth of the sun that was slowly coming up. As time passed more students and teachers started to arrive at the school ground. Jungkook had noticed that people from his kingdom kind of gathered around him. He didn't mind it, it felt more at home this way. But then he noticed something else funny. All kingdoms were doing the same thing, finding royalty from their kingdom and gathering around them. It seemed weird to him as he always had thought that when the kingdoms came together they had the most fun, but these were teenagers after all.

Prince Jungkook let his gaze wander off. The Middle Zone was the only place that wasn't owned by a kingdom but just belonged to the school, but from the school, you could perfectly see all the other kingdoms. The endless jungle and a green mountain of The Nature Kingdom in the west. The high and snowy mountains of The Wind Kingdom in the northwest. The glittering ice and unknown sea of The Water Kingdom in the northeast. The Breathing volcano of The Fire Kingdom in the north and then there was the mesmerizing Sun Kingdom in the south. The east was a lonely place. Once a thriving Shadow Kingdom, now overgrown by the forest. People believe that only evil has found its home there.

The school grounds were filled with different people from all kinds of places from the kingdoms. More teachers started to show up as well, keeping peace in ways they needed. Everyone was waiting for one person; The Royal Mage. The prince could guess that everybody here knew that the principal had left his school but he had a slight suspicion that he was the only one who knew why he left his school. "Hello, Prince Jungkook." A female voice caught his attention. "I'm Julia Park." She put her hand in front of him. "From the Park family. Jimin Park is my brother." Jungkook understood now. He took her hand softly and placed a respectful kiss on it. "It's nice to finally meet you, Julia." The prince laughed awkwardly. "Jimin did tell me a lot about you. I'm glad to finally meet you." "The pleasure is all mine, prince." They shared a smile and Julia wanted to continue the conversation but got cut off by trumpets going off. The Royal Mage had arrived and had saved Jungkook from his first awkward moment in the school.

Everyone stood up as the door of the carriage opened and The Royal Mage came out. The door of the carriage closed behind the principal but the carriage stayed in his place. The Mage used wind magic to fly to his speech balcony and with open arms started to welcome everybody. "Welcome everyone! A new school year has started! I'm glad to see all the old faces back and I'm happy to welcome all the new ones! This year will be special! Not only The Pure Prince Jungkook has joined us this year but I also brought a special guest!" His voice echoed throughout the school grounds and everyone was cheering and clapping to his words. "Everyone, please welcome! From the darkest depths of the world, we only know from books! The Princess of Darkness, Nari!" The door of the carriage opened again and a pretty small figure came out of it. Whispers were only heard throughout the school grounds as everyone had their eyes on the hooded girl with black eyes.

"He must be kidding." He heard Julia snap softly. A shameful feeling rushed through the prince. He took a closer look at the princess who had finally shown herself, he'd been waiting for her. Her hood covered most of her face, her face mask did the rest of the job. A little string of hair stuck out of it and only those black eyes looked up from it. Yet soon enough she started to blink repeatedly and the young prince saw beautiful blue eyes, soft and innocent like the sky. Finally, her hood and mask came off, and everybody could see the princess now fully. Jungkook was lost looking at her. He felt wrong admitting it to himself but The Princess of Darkness was the embodiment of beauty in his eyes. He felt confused about her as he could see a strong shadow but at the same time, it was a soft girl. "I know that this comes out of nowhere and seems very scary but once you give her a chance I'm sure you all will learn that she is nothing to fear!" The mage took the silence over once again. Jungkook felt like he should figure out if The Mage spoke the truth.

"But now let's open the gates! Let the new school year begin!" There was no time to get to know the princess. The school gates shook a little as they slowly opened. The teachers started to gather the different kingdoms inside. Jungkook took a last glance at the princess. The Royal Mage had come down again to assist her but Jungkook had a hard time seeing what they were doing as two sun teachers started to push the group inside. The school was breathtaking. High ceilings, with decorated walls, massive doors separating the areas, and statues keeping the halls safe. Each of the kingdoms was taken to a different part of the school. Buildings that were standing alone, just attached to the school for the student's convenience. Those buildings were the student's homes in the time that they were at school. The girls lived on the east side of the buildings and the boys on the west side.

Jungkook had followed a sun male teacher to the west side of the sun building. On a big ring were all the keys to the boy's rooms. The prince was one of the first to get their key, which meant that his room would be at the beginning. He was delighted that he didn't have to walk a marathon to get to his room. Room 101 was his. He pushed the slightly heavy wooden door open and entered his now student room. It was just how he imagined it would be. It wasn't too big, a spacious closet was built in the wall of the room, a single bed stood close to the window, a desk stood on the other side, and a dresser took the space under the window. Jungkook's stuff was already here and he thought of unpacking everything but he needed a moment. He sat down on his new bed, surprised at how comfy it felt, and started to think; 'She seemed so small but her face, it was terrifying those black eyes. The mage has so much hope in her but why? She is so out of place here and everybody seems to have already decided what they think about her. Is it a good thing to have her here?' His mind went off asking more and more questions. Questions no one had the answers to. He made sure to speak with his father one last time before leaving. Even he couldn't help answer the prince's questions.

After a while, the prince came out of his messy head and looked around his room again. His stuff was still in his chests standing on the ground. With a deep sigh, he decided to start unpacking. The teacher had said that they would be called later for dinner where The Royal Mage would give more instructions. He wanted to be done before that. As he started to organize his room he couldn't let go of the idea that the only way to get his answers was by talking to The Shadow Princess herself.

'I will meet the real her and discover the reason why she is here.'