The first dinner.

Jungkook looked proudly around his room. He had spent all his free time cleaning up and organizing his room. It looked exactly as he wanted now but when he noticed what time it was the proud feeling slipped away. He was tired after all his hard work and wanted to lay down but as it was nearly time for his first dinner at this school, he couldn't. He decided that a change of outfit would be fitting. He changed into something a bit nicer and took a look at the school map that lay on his desk. He tried to memorize the way to the dining room before heading out of his room. The sun building was full of students going in and out. Jungkook guessed that they all were getting ready for the first dinner as well.

He started to head to the building exit when he heard behind him. "Jungkookie!" before he could even realize who it was two strong arms wrapped around him. "V-Hyung" He laughed as he hugged him back. A wave of relief washed over him at the sight of a familiar face. It wasn't just a familiar face, it was his best friend. Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook had grown up together. Jungkook is the prince while Tae and Jimin are sons of The Sun Lords. Their whole lives they saw each other as brothers. "I didn't know you would be here. Why didn't I see you at the opening?" Jungkook asked as the two walked out together. "I was a bit late and couldn't get to the main part of the school ground where everyone was. I stood a bit too close for comfort by the carriage. Once she walked out I didn't feel safe there." Jungkook seemed puzzled at Tae's answer. He had never seen his Hyung be so quick to judge. Taehyung's openness toward other people was one of the things Jungkook liked the most in him, it was a bit upsetting for him to see V also judge The Dark Princess without knowing her. "The Mage said she isn't as bad." Now Tae was the one puzzled. "Do you really believe it? He was in The Dark World for Sun knows how long. Who knows what they have done to him! Have you seen her eyes? That's not how a friendly person's eyes should look like, Kook." The prince sighed and shook his head a little. "I thought at least you wouldn't be quick to judge. Maybe because he was there he knows more than we do? He didn't have to be brainwashed. The Mage wanted to bring the princess here even before going there. That was the whole point of his trip." Jungkook felt weird advocating for her but at the same time it felt unfair that everyone blamed her for the faults of her ancestors, haven't they been punished for long enough? "Sounds like you are trying to protect her but you're right, maybe we should try and talk to her first before making any further conclusions." Jungkook smiled a little and nodded hearing his Hyung back. "I really wanna talk to her and see how she is." The prince finally confessed to his friend. "Maybe we will have the chance at dinner? We are nearly there." Taehyung answered without missing a beat. That's when Jungkook noticed that they were nearly there. The big open doors of the dining room were at the end of the hall.

"You seem to know the school already very well." Tae nodded. "This is my second year. Jimin and I left around the same time last year, remember? Jimin isn't here yet because he needs to help his father with something. Normally his sister would do it but as it's her first year their parents thought it would be more important for her to be here from the start. Have you met her yet?" Jungkook looked a bit around before answering the question. "I did. It was awkward." He said in a low voice making Tae laugh. "It will get only worse from here. She is desperate to join the royal family and you are her one-way ticket in. So good luck!" Jungkook rolled his eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. "Yeah, I'm aware. You think, why have I been avoiding her for so long?" V ruffled the prince's hair as he laughed even more. "Please tell me you will help." As V took his hand away Jungkook looked at him with the most perfect puppy eyes he could make. "Of course, I will! That's what friends are for! Plus she has been annoying me for years about how she will make you love her. So it will be a pleasure to wipe that arrogant smile off her face." The prince made a little jump of joy as he wrapped an arm around his friend to give him a thankful hug. Taehyung laughed it off as he and Jungkook entered the dining hall. "Welcome to the dining area." V said jokingly as he opened his arms as if to present the room. The prince took a quick look around. It was certainly more impressive than his castle dining room. The room was massive with a higher ceiling than the rest of the school and enough space to house his whole kingdom. 5 big tables stood in a big circle. Above every table was a flag of a kingdom. In the middle was a 6th table a bit smaller than the rest, that was the teacher's table.