Nyx's Grand Finals

A/N: This was a super fun chapter to write. I just finished midterms and the fight was epic. I'm super excited to keep writing. I'll try and update soon. Also I need opinions. Do you guys like Artemis, Athena, or Annabeth better? Also do you want some crossovers in this story? The crossovers wouldn't be the main focus, but they could be stops on the way. Let me know what you think. Finally, Thanks everyone for the support! I never thought people would actually like my writing.

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns characters, I own plot.

Nyx's Grand Final

(10 Min. Later)

(Percy)

It's finally time for the Championship. Me versus the greatest opponent I've ever had to battle for the right to live. The stakes couldn't be higher, and that didn't help my nerves at all. Right when I made back to the tunnel I fell over in pain from the arm injury I sustained and I puked everywhere. The injury was going to be a huge hindrance and that wasn't the worst of it. I had butterflies in my stomach and my mouth was drier than the Sahara Desert from the nerves and tension of the whole situation.

From experience, I've learned that you're a fool if you're not nervous, but this was different than any nervous I'd ever felt before.

The first time I'd faced Kronos I had Annabeth by my side. Against Gaea I was one of seven heroes, and in Tartarus I had defeated most if not all of the monsters before. Even the first four fights of today's tournament didn't make me feel this way. I knew I had a chance, but now what am I supposed to do? I'm exhausted from the fights before, and just run down in general from my journey and two years of war. My arm is useless and more of a problem than anything else, and Kronos will be just as powerful as he was before, if not more. He may have been scattered before weakening him, but it's a lot easier for him to reform in Tartarus if only for a short while and he won't need to use Luke which restricted his power before.

But there's a reason I made it this far to begin with. I've beat long odds my entire life. This may be the longest, but if I give it just a little more than my best who knows? I might win. How incredible would that be. Defeating all of the enemy Titans in Tartarus. The only hostile Titan left would be Atlas, but he holds the sky and would have no allies to help him if he wanted to revolt. Not only that but as the Champion I would be guaranteed safe passage out of Mansion of Night.

That last point was vital. Just looking around the stadium I had finally started to realize the impossibility of the task assigned by the gods. I've already almost died several times down here and that was before all of the monster population knew I was here. Now with this spectacle the entirety of Tartarus knew I was alone down here and they would be more than happy to be the one to finish me off. I don't think I could beat all the monsters in this stadium alone if they decided to attack, and the worst part is that this is just a fraction of the total monsters in the entirety of the pit. This doesn't even include the Giants, who don't forget can't be killed without a god in the first place.

Just thinking about all of these problems I made a decision. If I do win this fight I'll go to Tartarus' palace and complete whatever he wants me to do, but then I'm out. I'll have defeated all the enemy Titans and most of the worst monsters down here, but the task Zeus asks of me is impossible. I don't know what I'll do once I make it out, but I won't ever come back. I don't care if it's going directly against Zeus' order. I don't care if he'll want me killed for abandoning the quest. It won't matter. If he never finds me then I can finally have the peace I've wanted to my entire life.

How great would that be! Finally some peace and quiet. That's a long way away though and I have a lot of hoops to jump through before hand. I'll deal with those problems if I get there. First I need to deal with the current problem. My injured arm and the upcoming battle with Kronos.