The Worst Meeting Ever

A/N: My life gets absolutely crazy insane for the next couple of months, so don't expect another chapter for another couple of weeks to a month. Let me know if you really want more though and I might try and do one a little quicker. Thank you all again for the support.

Disclaimer:My plot, not my characters

The Worst Meeting Ever

(Percy)

(O'Shaughnessy's)

I quickly turned back and threw as dangerous a whisper as I could muster at the Kanes

"What the hell guys? What in Hades is she doing here?"

I was pissed beyond belief. This is not at all how I wanted today to go, not even how I wanted this year to go. Instead of training and living a normal life, I was set up. I couldn't believe that Carter and Sadie would do something like this to me, but their betrayal was staring me right in the face. I'd only met up with them a little over an hour ago, and before even letting me explain they call for Annabeth and give me up to her like a sacrifice.

"We're sorry Percy, we really are, but we had to."

"What do you mean you had to? You didn't have to do anything. I thought I could trust you guys."

"You can Percy, but this isn't about you. It's about her."

As Sadie tried to explain away her actions, she pointed to Annabeth who in response to being pointed at seemed to break out of her trance. Not an instant later, she was completely up on me and she proceeded to tackle me back into the booth and laid there sprawled out all over top of me.

"Percy. Oh, it's really you! I can't believe it."

She seemed happy and relieved when she first jumped on me but it quickly turned to anger and she punched me hard in the shoulder. I mean hard. My arm went numb and I was going to have pretty sizeable bruise tomorrow.

You're such an idiot seaweed brain. I can't believe you're even still alive. You need to tell me everything, and I won't let you leave anything out. Tell me how you got out of Tartarus. Where have you been all these years? Why do you look the same age as before? What are you doing in Gotham City?"

As it normally was around Annabeth, I was entirely overwhelmed. I couldn't take it anymore so I tried to push her off me, but I couldn't.

"Stop it Annabeth. Get off of me."

She frowned and wiped away the tears streaming down her face.

"Why? You're finally back and I'm here for you. I thought this is what you always wanted."

Now it was my turn to frown.

"So did I, but I don't know anymore, please just get off of me and go away. I need time to think."

"But Percy..."

"No, that's final. This is too much. I need some time and space to think about this."

It wasn't without some reluctance, but I was finally able to get Annabeth away from me. I had also told her to go away and not come back, but no matter what I said she refused and in the end all she was willing to do was move across the table and squeeze in with the Kanes. This led to about the most awkward 20 minutes of my life. I was trying to sort out everything that had just happened, but it felt like a bomb had gone off inside my head and Annabeth rose out of the ashes when I just wanted to be left alone.

To be completely honest, I don't know how I feel about her anymore. A lot of the reasons I loved her in the first place were still there. The seemingly unlimited potential, the obviously beautiful physique, and the inquisitive mind, but there also seemed to be something missing. I couldn't quite place what it was, but it didn't take me that long to figure it out.