Infiltration

A/N: I haven't posted in a little bit so I have a little longer of a chapter here. Percy needs a lot of training to beat Nyx, so he needs to meet a lot of people and have a lot of experiences to do that. The majority of these people and situations will be canon, but for one or two people of it I want to do a small crossover. The crossovers will never be the main focus unless the people want them more. Let me know how you feel about this direction I've set up. I myself am super excited about it. Thank You all for the Support.

Disclaimer: Possession: Characters=No, Plot=Yes

Infiltration

(3 Weeks Later)

(Arizona)

(Percy)

It took forever, but I was finally able to track down my target.

It was horrible.

I started out basically clueless on where to find them, so I decided to snoop around all the areas I had seen the Hunt in the past, but I was having no luck at all. I started in Washington at the Amazon warehouse and surrounding landscape. I couldn't pick up their trail, so I moved onto Camp Jupiter. I didn't have any luck there either, so I just kept on going. After Camp Jupiter, I made my way down to the Wolf House, but just like everything else, there was nothing I could use on the trail so I moved on.

The journey was excruciating. It had been a little over a week and a half and I had nothing on the trail. The summer solstice was only a little over a month away, and I needed to know my next move as soon as possible. So I made one last desperate attempt by walking through the Rocky Mountains where I met Thalia and the hunters when they had been hunting Lycaon and his pack during the Giant war.

I spent 3 days just searching for anything that could give me a trail and I was about to give up when I saw it. It was small, but my constant practice as a tracker made sure I didn't miss it. It was a silver thread hanging from a tree near a small creek. It was exactly the start I needed. The Hunt prided itself on leaving the area they camped in better than they found it, so finding where they'd been in the first place was almost impossible, but once you had a starting point it became a whole lot easier. They weren't the huntees after all, they were the hunters. They weren't all that concerned about being followed.

Once I found their old campsite, the job became a whole lot easier. Although it would have been hard for a novice to follow them, I was able to stay on their trail. The trail was thank the gods only about a week old and was headed in the southwest towards Arizona. I couldn't guarantee anything, but since it was the closest national park in that direction my guess was they made camp at or near the Grand Canyon so I started to pick up the pace.

That lead me to where I am now. Three weeks into my journey and about a mile outside the Hunt's camp. I haven't gotten any closer out of fear sentries might be able see me in the bright of day in my all black clothing, but I knew I was close because not only were they in the spot I would have chosen to camp, but I could see the smoke from a large fire rising up into the sky.

I decided to climb up in the nearest tree for some cover, then catch a few Z's before my infiltration of the camp tonight. Only a couple more hours before go time.

I woke up three hours later refreshed and dreamless. I couldn't tell why I hadn't had any dreams, but I was thankful for it. It might have been Tartarus helping me, but it's hard to tell so I didn't spend a lot of time on it. It actually worked out in my favor in fact, because the last thing I needed was more questions. I was instead able to focus on my preparations and planning for the job.