Chapter 12

Cheryl Blossom was a name that most, if not all people in Riverdale knew. North and South side alike. To most people on the north side, she was known as the mousy little daughter of Clifford and Penelope Blossom. They were the most righteous and wholesome family in town. And on the south side, her name was known of, but not her face. Not many people would be able to tell who she was just by looking at her. But that didn't stop her from wearing one of Toni's large hoodies a pair of her sunglasses when the brunette drove them to the convenience store just after sunrise on Sunday morning.

"It's just a normal store, Cher," Toni chuckled at the girl in her passenger seat.

"I know, I'm just...nervous," the redhead played with her glasses in her lap.

"We'll be quick. You're safe with me. Promise," she smiled over at her after she pulled into a parking spot for the run-down corner store.

Cheryl felt heat come to her face at Toni's words. She did feel safe with her, which is why she had agreed to come out with her in the first place. She was starting to really trust her. It's amazing how spending time with someone for over 24 hours straight can change your relationship with them. "Okay," she nodded quietly, lifting the sunglasses to the top of her head and smiling into the quick kiss Toni leaned over to give her.

They got out of the car and walked into the store. As scared as Cheryl was, she knew it would be better if she didn't hold Toni's hand, just in case. But Toni made sure she stayed close. They were the only ones in the store besides the owner, who greeted them briefly when they came through the doors. Cheryl followed her towards the health and beauty aisle, biting her lip at the array of makeup they had. She didn't even know what half this stuff was.

"C'mere," Toni beckoned her over to a display of tubes and containers of powder, holding a few of them up to her pale face to see which shade would work best. "Definitely ivory," she nodded, putting the other options back before searching the aisle for anything else they might need.

"Just let me know how much I owe you," Cheryl murmured quietly, following her closely with a bit of a smile.

"Don't worry about it," the brunette waved a hand at her. She felt partially to blame for why Cheryl needed the concealer in the first place. Buying it for her was the least she could do.

xxx

"Turn just a little to the right," Toni instructed, brushing the pale concealer onto Cheryl's face, sitting cross-legged across from each other on the twin sized bed. the redhead just giggled and did as she said, keeping her eyes closed. "There. I didn't put on too much, but it's enough to cover up the bruising until it goes away," she smiled handing Cheryl a little handheld mirror so she could see for herself.

"Wow, you can't even see it," she looked almost dumbfounded after putting her glasses back on to see.

"You can have this brush, I've got a few from Veronica," Toni held up the one she had just used, putting it off to the side with the concealer.

Cheryl thanked her and put the mirror down, biting her lip gently with a smile. Thankfully the makeup covered most of the blush that came to her cheeks at the look Toni was giving her. She was looking her up and down like she was deep in thought, that signature smirk plastered on her face. "What?"

"Wait right here," Toni held up a finger before getting off the bed, leaving Cheryl alone in the bedroom. The redhead just glanced at herself in the small mirror, pressing gently against her cheek to test the bruise. Thankfully it didn't look that bad, even without the makeup, but it was really sore. "Take your glasses off and close your eyes," the brunette instructed with a grin as she came back into the room, holding a few things in her hands.