Chapter 24

The light from the rising sun streamed through the curtains of their hotel room, making Cheryl stir awake. She was warm and comfortable and she didn't want to even move an inch. She yawned contently and snuggled deeper into the arms around her, tucking her face into Toni's neck with a sleepy hum. The brunette was still asleep. And as much as Cheryl wanted to go back to sleep herself, she didn't want to waste the feeling of being wrapped up in Toni's embrace. She breathed her in, her fingers lightly playing around the tattered collar of her grey sweatshirt, picking at the loose threads. Goose bumps broke out on her skin at the feeling of Toni's limp fingertips at the base of her spine, keeping her close from under her t-shirt.

Cheryl didn't know how it was possible for her to miss her girlfriend at that very moment. She was in her arms, right in front of her. How could she miss her when she was right there? She was here with her, not going anywhere. And as peaceful as she looked in her deep sleep, Cheryl couldn't help but start to peck her lips slowly against Toni's caramel skin in an attempt to wake her up. Staying up late talking to her and kissing her just wasn't enough. She smirked when Toni started to wake up, stirring with a sleepy groan. She brought her pale fingers to her cheek as her lips made a smiling trail up to hers.

"Morning," the redhead whispered, smiling at how Toni kissed her back lazily as she stretched.

"What time is it?" she yawned, her head lulling down against Cheryl's.

"A little after six," she bit her lip, resisting the urge to kiss her again as she pressed herself closer to her side.

"Cher, what the hell, we didn't go to bed til like, two," Toni draped an arm over her eyes with a whiny chuckle.

"I'm sorry, TT, I just missed you," she pouted, though a sly grin was hidden behind it as she started leaving slow and gentle kisses along her skin again.

Toni giggled quietly in her tired state and tightened her arms around her waist, "No need to miss me, cutie. I'm not going anywhere." She rolled over onto her back, bringing Cheryl with her so the redhead was hovering over her, still peppering her face and neck with kisses.

Neither of them had ever felt so blissful before. They could stay like this together in the quiet hotel room for the rest of eternity and they'd be perfectly fine with it. Cheryl's breathing went ragged as Toni's fingernails raked gently against her lower back, sending a shiver down her spine as her body broke out in goose bumps again. Moving her lips back up to her girlfriend's, Cheryl kissed her a little harder, holding her face in her pale, trembling hands as she hovered over her, their legs tangling together under the sheets. Her breath hitched in her throat as Toni's nails scratched gently along her delicate skin again, leaving subtle red marks on her sides.

The brunette bent a leg up between hers, catching Cheryl by surprise when her thigh brushed against her center through her pajama pants. She let out a little whimper of both surprise and excitement, instinctively pressing herself down against Toni's thigh, her breathing shaky against her lips as she did it again. Toni didn't seem to mind. If anything, it egged her on. She pulled her leg up a little more, meeting the downward movement of Cheryl's hips as her fingers toyed playfully along the elastic waistband of her pajama pants. Dipping her fingertips underneath, she gently pushed her hips down again, eliciting another timid noise from the younger girl as she smirked into their fervent kisses.

Cheryl wasn't ready. She knew that. But god, she felt like she was light as a feather right now as her hips ground down against her thigh again, sending an electric shock through her whole body. She was about to mumble Toni's name against her lips, but the loud ring of the telephone on the nightstand cut her off, bringing her back to reality as she practically scrambled off of her as if they'd been caught.